Imperial SuperCommandos

@MrShadow any update on this?

Once you start getting the pieces printed and out there can you create a WIP thread to follow along? That way we can keep this thread for the CRL discussion. Just prepping for the future. ?

• 1 month later...

It's been a very long road, but one that has taught me so much, and finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I rebuilt the model from scratch, adjusting it to fit human proportions more closely, and with a much cleaner topology. I'll begin a new thread with my WIP as suggested, where I will post progress on the 3d printing and overall process with the physical armor. Thanks a lot guys for all the help you've given me along the way.

The list of things that are missing in my model are as follow:

-Gauntlets
-Backpack
-Little detail bellow the belt
-Figure out a way to make the belt more comfortable to put on

untitled.301.png

untitled.300.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
57 minutes ago, Nada said:

Finally found a forum about this costume. Was looking everywhere but here! Amazing work can't wait to see how this looks finished

Yup we have been at it here for about3 years now lol

• Haha 1
  • 2 months later...
On 3/15/2021 at 8:31 PM, MrShadow said:

It's been a very long road, but one that has taught me so much, and finally I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I rebuilt the model from scratch, adjusting it to fit human proportions more closely, and with a much cleaner topology. I'll begin a new thread with my WIP as suggested, where I will post progress on the 3d printing and overall process with the physical armor. Thanks a lot guys for all the help you've given me along the way.

The list of things that are missing in my model are as follow:

-Gauntlets
-Backpack
-Little detail bellow the belt
-Figure out a way to make the belt more comfortable to put on

untitled.301.png

untitled.300.png

Hola Jose, saludos.

Crees que en algún momento tendrás a la venta esos archivos? Me gustaría en algún momento trabajar una armadura de estas. 

Excelente trabajo.

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2020 at 10:10 PM, IcyTrooper said:

I'll speak with the team on this but from the looks of it I do believe this costume could have two versions within one CRL. The Gar Saxon version (red) and the Grunt version (white). I have set up a pinned reference photo thread and a pinned CRL discussion thread.

What about Captain Hark as a second face character?

source: Rebels: S4E1&2 HEROES OF MANDALORE

2659FD1A-CCD0-41EA-B61C-E04814D76D67.webp

1 hour ago, PhantomEcho said:

What about Captain Hark as a second face character?

source: Rebels: S4E1&2 HEROES OF MANDALORE

2659FD1A-CCD0-41EA-B61C-E04814D76D67.webp 79.83 kB · 5 downloads

Yes, Hark and Tristan Wren are both on the table as well.

My advice would be to run each as separate CRLs just as the clones have CRLs for each unit type of different colors.

Still…need a first of any of them to proceed further

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, RAIDER said:

Yes, Hark and Tristan Wren are both on the table as well.

My advice would be to run each as separate CRLs just as the clones have CRLs for each unit type of different colors.

Still…need a first of any of them to proceed further

Agreed, I'd run them separately and we'll definitely need someone to build the costume and make adjustments if needed for references, etc.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, PhantomEcho said:

Thank you both looking into Captain Hark (Rebels)

no prob.  but he and all variants have always been eligible…see the original reference thread from 2017.  currently only gar saxon force arena version has been presented as a build by @MrShadow not completed yet tho

if u or anyone else takes up another version we can regroup the reference pics into a separate thread as needed

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...

Hello everyone! My name is Marcin, i come from Poland & I finally found the right forum for Imperial Super Commando costume. I'm highly interested in building this amazing costume & I'm very happy that I'm not the one. I will start from helmet, next step will be flight suit. Maybe here I will find help?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, MisterxM said:

Hello everyone! My name is Marcin, i come from Poland & I finally found the right forum for Imperial Super Commando costume. I'm highly interested in building this amazing costume & I'm very happy that I'm not the one. I will start from helmet, next step will be flight suit. Maybe here I will find help?

Right now it is a blank slate.  We have no CRL draft…just some compiled references and some people who started builds but never finished the new CRL process. Still looking for someone to cross that bridge and be willing to be the first.

4 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

Right now it is a blank slate.  We have no CRL draft…just some compiled references and some people who started builds but never finished the new CRL process. Still looking for someone to cross that bridge and be willing to be the first.

I see... Maybe i will be the first, I have motivation, time and some idea's. I need a little help during this process. I know it will be very hard, but I think that's not impossible. I interested especially in Gar Saxon version, but maybe Tristan Wren or standard ISC grunt will be easier to finalize. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MisterxM said:

I see... Maybe i will be the first, I have motivation, time and some idea's. I need a little help during this process. I know it will be very hard, but I think that's not impossible. I interested especially in Gar Saxon version, but maybe Tristan Wren or standard ISC grunt will be easier to finalize. 

Awesome, will be great to have you onboard!

• Like 1

I look at Gar Saxon's armor & I see two different versions - one which looks exactly the same as normal grunt armor but with big red triangle and second which is posted here by MrShadow. So which one is correct? ?

9 hours ago, MisterxM said:

I look at Gar Saxon's armor & I see two different versions - one which looks exactly the same as normal grunt armor but with big red triangle and second which is posted here by MrShadow. So which one is correct? ?

There could potentially be 2 different versions. The one @MrShadow was attempting to was the Force Arena video game version which is more “realistic” of a look.  The other is the animated Rebels version.  You find a similar distinction in clone trooper armors (movie vs animated).

The only word of caution I would give…dont attempt to cross-blend the 2 styles.  They have different references and whichever version you choose, you would need to commit to those references. So the question really is, do you prefer to follow and have a more animated-style costume or not?  That would determine which version you would attack.

58 minutes ago, RAIDER said:

There could potentially be 2 different versions. The one @MrShadow was attempting to was the Force Arena video game version which is more “realistic” of a look.  The other is the animated Rebels version.  You find a similar distinction in clone trooper armors (movie vs animated).

The only word of caution I would give…dont attempt to cross-blend the 2 styles.  They have different references and whichever version you choose, you would need to commit to those references. So the question really is, do you prefer to follow and have a more animated-style costume or not?  That would determine which version you would attack.

Thank You for answer, now all is clear to me. Of course I can start at animated version which could be level 1 & later, when the first level will be accepted, I'll try with realistic armor. This version could be level 2, but it's only my proposition. 

3 hours ago, MisterxM said:

Thank You for answer, now all is clear to me. Of course I can start at animated version which could be level 1 & later, when the first level will be accepted, I'll try with realistic armor. This version could be level 2, but it's only my proposition. 

Don’t think of each as a “level”…think of them as entirely different costumes.  When we examine the references closely, my guess is many of the parts you use for the animated won’t be able to be used for the realistic.

Now…just go for it! ?

No problem, that could be two different projects? 

Ok, let's do it. Now I'm looking for right shaped undersuit, white & cotton made. I wonder about  material and color of the sleeves. Maybe i will find something. 

• Like 1

Yesterday I was looking for right shaped suits & I found cotton made suits. Of course they need to be converted by removing the pockets and zippers. I post some examples below. RAF summer flight suits are also great, but prices are horrendous. 

ZC560_White_F.jpg

pol_pl_KOMBINEZON-ROBOCZY-BAWELNIANY-C806-PORTWEST-3469_1.jpg

white-cotton-drill-coverall.jpg

images (1).jpeg

jumpsuit-wh67_3000x3000.jpg

• Like 2
  • 9 months later...