Imperial SuperCommandos

Alright so I finally got a chance to look. I must say it is looking good. Couple of things:

The top chest piece totally threw me off because the paint is missing but it looks fine actually.

The holsters look great in the front but are missing showing in the back just a bit more if you look here below you can see what I am talking about:

Pic2_zpsszv1xqtq.png

Obvious stuff the color red is missing from the armor pieces, helmet, gauntlets, and jet pack and the boots.

The top under suit thing is brown

The bottom pants thing I'm not sure its looks grey in some of the reference pics and white in others so i guess more input would be needed on that.

Blaster color needs to be added.

Other than that I dont see anything else and would like others input just in case i miss anything.

You did a really good job getting the details correct. :D

Thanks for the feedback. I need to clarify a few things though. I'm making the standard Imperial Super Commando not Gar Saxon so that's why it's all white. Here's what I'm going for. Also I'll work on the thigh plates. I also wanted to point out that the CRL I shared was for these standard commandos. There will need to be varient CRLs for Gar and also one for Tristan Wren.

HU6UKHq.png

The blaster should be the correct color according to all the reference I can find and Mercs CRLs. The light grey and weathering is kind of washed out looking in the photo, it's darker in person.

Here's a picture of the animated blaster in better light. Most of the available images are from the first episode where they're seen mostly in the dark or shadows.

W4dMYVQ.jpg

• Like 1

Ah I see interesting well then disregard the color items i mentioned. The only thing that you need to fix are the holster part that I had mentioned otherwise it looks like you have it. I will post some more reference photos in one post so people are clear because I had no idea as I do not watch the rebel tv show. Good news for us that just means more costumes to add for Spec Ops. Thanks for letting me know and good job. I hope we can get some more feedback so we can start the process of submitting it to the 501st CRL databank. :D

There is one thing I did notice but I am unsure of how much of an issue it will be the top chest piece the semi circle you have its a bit bigger than what is shown in the reference photos so i would like some input on that from others. :D I will relook again when i get home as I am going off of memory since I cant view photos currently.

For the blasters is there a correct name for them?

I see there is the larger one that you have and a smaller version that looks like a westar 35 but is slightly different.

Thanks for the feedback. I need to clarify a few things though. I'm making the standard Imperial Super Commando not Gar Saxon so that's why it's all white. Here's what I'm going for. Also I'll work on the thigh plates. I also wanted to point out that the CRL I shared was for these standard commandos. There will need to be varient CRLs for Gar and also one for Tristan Wren.

HU6UKHq.png

The blaster should be the correct color according to all the reference I can find and Mercs CRLs. The light grey and weathering is kind of washed out looking in the photo, it's darker in person.

Here's a picture of the animated blaster in better light. Most of the available images are from the first episode where they're seen mostly in the dark or shadows.

W4dMYVQ.jpg

• Like 1

So some new developments on placement for this costume. We will keep you updated but looks like this one might be going to another detachment so be prepared to move your work in progress stuff if need be. Thanks for all the work and help. :D

You're welcome. I really like these charcters and I'll do anything I can to help see them become official kits. I am curious which detachment is trying to get them. The only other one I can think of is BH because they're Mandalorian but these aren't mercs or bounty hunters.

I think the semi-circle on my chest plate is slightly larger than the ones shown. It's hard to tell though since they change size slightly in nearly every scene. Sometimes it looks just slightly smaller than the ones on the upper ab plate.

You're right, there are two blasters. The first larger version doesn't have an official designation yet. It's clearly a variant of Westar. It's already been confirmed that the blaster is made on Mandalore and Westar is the canon manufacturer of all Mando weapons. I think it'd be safe to just refer to it as a Westar blaster rifle. The second blaster is the standard Westar-35 with the new Rebels color scheme. I'm planning on making the 35 this weekend.

TEwW4cw.jpg?1

VoWJEUi.png

5km5RvN.jpg

• Like 1

You're welcome. I really like these charcters and I'll do anything I can to help see them become official kits. I am curious which detachment is trying to get them. The only other one I can think of is BH because they're Mandalorian but these aren't mercs or bounty hunters.

BHG is the other logical choice. They currently have every other mando variant, including the cartoon ones. I can see our point about these not strictly being mercs or bounty hunters, but mando's falling under BHG does make sense from an expertise of costume pieces perspective. Don't get me wrong - I'd love to have the costume here, but I also see the logic if it ends up in BHG. BHG, like many other detachments, is evolving as more new content comes out. It's not quite fair to just pigeon hole them because they started as being responsible for just one cannon costume when all that existed for so long was just that one or two OT movies that had that costume. As more costumes are introduced through a lot of new content, they evolve and expand just as we do. At least, that's how I view it :).

• Like 3

Great news so for Torolf when you have the updated pics please share them here sp we can provide feedback for you and get stuff going for approval.

This is very exciting especially when there is the possibility of being the very first in the legion for approval in a new costume.

:D

I'm super excited but right now I'm having to do some repairs on my custom Mando for a convention this weekend. So I probably won't do anything on this kit for the rest of the week. I am going to bring the super commando to the con as a test run though.

Once that's done I'll start working on remaking the thigh plates, move the left side shoulder patch since its currently too low and fix anything I find while trooping. As soon as that's all finished I'll post updated pictures.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Legit hope the convention went well. What is the width for your belt btw? I like yours and wanted to use the width for the CRL. Thanks

I'm super excited but right now I'm having to do some repairs on my custom Mando for a convention this weekend. So I probably won't do anything on this kit for the rest of the week. I am going to bring the super commando to the con as a test run though.

Once that's done I'll start working on remaking the thigh plates, move the left side shoulder patch since its currently too low and fix anything I find while trooping. As soon as that's all finished I'll post updated pictures.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

So... Yeah, I haven't left this one to die yet.
I am in the process of 3d printing the helmet again, with many improvements. I'll show it to you guys once I have it finished (hopefully before summer).
However... I wasn't comfortable with the cartoonish style of the armor, and googling around, I found out that the Super Commandos were playable in the now defunct Force Arena game. And their look is just amazing.
I was able to get the extracted 3D model and textures from the game, and render them. With this references would it be a 501st approvable armor?

Thanks!!! And I hope that my next post is in less than a year XD

IWj8e19.pngqBTaCRN.pngMLqQjRT.png

• Like 3

@MrShadow Great to have you back in on this.  You must be a mind reader because it was on my agenda to reach out and see where this was at.

Regarding the Force Arena model...you have 360 references.  I don't see why it wouldn't be approvable.  I would need to speak to the LMOs to see if we should launch it as it's own separate CRL from the animated Rebels version or if it would be a tabbed version under the same CRL. Either way...I think you would be clear.  Any reference of the weaponry used?

Additionally, do you know if Gar Saxon and any other commandos are in the game that you could find references for?