Rat's WTF Crimson Stormtrooper Build

Ugh... Color matching is rearing the ugly head again. So I just got my belt yesterday and just got a chance to compare it. It is a deep red, my paint is more a red red and the armor is a red/orange. So I'm trying to work out a proper color match again.H9KGkii.jpg

8xXU32G.jpg

So I'm sort of stuck on this. What direction to go? Color match the armor with automotive paint or a better color match of an off the shelf rattle can? Suggestions or thoughts?

Also what color red are your boots? I would try and match close to that with the paint. I think if the belt is a little off it won't be as bad if the boots are off.

• Like 2

To make sure I understand...the belt is only piece that is different from the rest of the armor (bucket included)?

Then we have fabric belt...and boots if u could give us a pic of those alongside all the stuff as well to see how off we are talking.

Currently none of it is painted right?

• Like 1

The armor is all the same save the thigh pack shown above and the boots.

Alao the boots and thigh ammo pack are the same color.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Rat said:

The armor is all the same save the thigh pack shown above and the boots.

Alao the boots and thigh ammo pack are the same color.

Personally I prefer the ammo pack color.  Would the belt work with that is the question?

So while waiting for color matching options and the final snap plates to cure I pulled out my pauldron. Ill be giving it a new covering. I had some 4 way stretch material left over from when I made my neck seal for my TK. Pretty sure it will work.

kzsHKPd.jpg

VvipBFC.jpg

So in making my abs paste to fill the seams of my shims I picked up some nail polish remover. Yeah it wasn't working, though had no issues with it for my TK. I picked up some pure acetone from a Sally beauty supply and yeah, that was a huge difference. Polish remover did barely anything after three days, this stuff was ready to rock in 20 minutes.pMb3s2j.jpg

So now I have paste and able to fill the seams to prepare for paint.

MOK2Jnh.jpg

yf2YIsB.jpg

So I'll give the night to set up and dry and hit it with a Dremel and then some hand sanding. So I should be able to get my paint down by Thursday and clear coat cured by early next week.

• Like 2
On 1/5/2020 at 1:52 AM, Rat said:

So while waiting for color matching options and the final snap plates to cure I pulled out my pauldron. Ill be giving it a new covering. I had some 4 way stretch material left over from when I made my neck seal for my TK. Pretty sure it will work.

kzsHKPd.jpg

VvipBFC.jpg

Just make sure the material is correct.  “Vinyl, leather, or leather like material.”

• Like 1

So since I'll be getting silicone hand guards I decided to give one of the hard ones a paint test. Single coat of duplicolor flash red and a single coat of krylon super gloss.W7Y8lir.jpg

So I made an absolute rookie move. My goal of getting the paint and clear coat down over the weekend mostly worked. However I totally forgot to to strip my bucket and thigh ammo pack which was an enamel and ok it the automotive lacquer over it. So I'm gonna need more paint and some sanding and clean up. So hopefully next week will be finished.

20 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

Ahhhh started reacting badly?

You could say that. I've mostly gotten bucket cleaned up, but still need to do the thigh ammo pack I'll get a photo of it. Basically it peeled up and cracked

So yeah here is the clean up I'm gonna have to do. Like I said totally a rookie mistake and I didn't think about it before spraying.AVLQq5x.jpg

gBkBPqM.jpg

mYqi1PG.jpg

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Raider said:

Not horribly bad.  Ive done worse lol.

No not at all bad, but it's gonna need a little work to get it good. Hopefully by this weekend I'll have it completed. I got my silicone hand guards and they're way off color. Definitely more orange than red. Sadly I won't be able to paint them or if I do it's gonna be a lot of up keep on them.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, IcyTrooper said:

Yeah more of a headache that's for sure. At least it was those smaller pieces.

Yeah luckily.

So I've decided to put a coat of  primer down. Should have done that or stripped it in the first place. Also decided to just give my pauldron a coat of satin black over the white. We'll see how it turns out. If it doesn't work then at least it's a optional piece.

• Like 1