TFU Shadow Stormtrooper #2

Wow, that thing is sick !!!!!! I would sooo scare the crap out of people at night. Can you just imagine the call from a scared neighbor to the police......."i....i...i just spotted a....a...ahhhh, a man....or something". "Officer i think it was a ufo too, just please send someone quick" !!!!! :shok::P:D Awesome job Ty. I like it a lot bro.

Thanks guys, really appreciate the compliments!! I'm so freaking excited to have this thing done and be able to see it light up! I absolutely love how everything looks. Way back when I started, one of my huge worries was getting the effect right. I think it looks spot on, couldn't be happier with it. Anyway time to start getting all the reference photos together and finish up the CRL text and get it ready to submit and get us another Spec Ops trooper!!

Kinda sad almost to see this thing finished, yes there are going to be tweaks/fixes/repairs, etc. This is a trooper is just like what we've seen before in terms of armor but with such a crazy twist. I'll be honest, I thought when I first started that was going to be a very good chance that it wouldn't be possible. I expected everything to look bad and not emulate what is seen in the Force Unleashed game. It has been one fantastic project and this has been one magnificent journey!

Thanks again guys!

Fivezero

:D

And Al, we have much bigger toys to scare the neighbors, but nothing like a chrome trooper glowing blue. ;)

I'm immensely proud of you for this one Ty, and I want one. Anyway, if you need help with the CRL, please let me know and we'll figure it out and wrap it in a pretty package. That way, once the elections are settled, we can do everything possible to get this one approved as yet another 1st in the Legion costume for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had to do some minor changes/additions for some small details. But it has finally been submitted to my GML to pass on up the chain for approval!! Now we wait...

Fivezero

• 2 months later...

Yeah, my GML is kinda holding back on the submission for a bit. Hopefully soon we should be hearing some news on this guy though. :thumbsup:

Fivezero

Fun Fact: Started this build 4 years, 10 days ago. :icon_eek:

• Like 2

Welp, my GML just emailed saying he's getting everything ready to go this week for submission. Here we go again, hoping for a quick approval on this guy! :thumbsup:

Fivezero

• Like 2

I'll keep an eye on the LMO thread to support it. Then go ahead and send the kit to me for "up-close inspection" ;)

• Like 1

I'll keep an eye on the LMO thread to support it. Then go ahead and send the kit to me for "up-close inspection" ;)

Thanks Todd! Oh and I know how those "up-close inspections" work around here so nope...... :P I love it too much, it's never leaving my sight! :D

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Did you end up using this for anything? I was thinking of using it for the Shadow Evo Trooper box thingy that goes on the chest plate it would be a perfect piece for that. I have been reading through some of the items on here and it looks like a few items are the same that I can use the lighting tactics you used for the Shadow Evo trooper which is great and will make the process a bit smoother.

The beginning of the end :D

c7f77951-6b88-4146-a2a5-ece35e9ef339_zpse1467d15.jpg

d6eb7c29-1ed0-4392-a8ea-b2cd25bf10c7_zpscabb2ae7.jpg

Nah, the EL tape/sheet/wire didn't work out too well for the Shadow Stormtrooper. It just didn't quite mimic the lighting the way I wanted it too.

However, it would absolutely work fantastic for the Shadow EVO, for example on the chest box. :D It works great for broad, flat areas that need to be lit up, as opposed to complex curves.

• Like 1

Awesome that seems like a perfect item for that. Hmm so I have a couple of circle pieces that require the lighting as well would that be appropriate for the EL tap or should go with something else for those? I am not wondering for the arm pieces go with the LED but do they have like a more flat LED lights for that? I mostly see the beaded ones which wont work.

Nah, the EL tape/sheet/wire didn't work out too well for the Shadow Stormtrooper. It just didn't quite mimic the lighting the way I wanted it too.

However, it would absolutely work fantastic for the Shadow EVO, for example on the chest box. :D It works great for broad, flat areas that need to be lit up, as opposed to complex curves.

• 8 months later...

Dusting this old thread off!

Been thinking for awhile for some new plans to make it a bit more troopable. Unfortunately, many of my clear parts have fallen part over the last couple years, so they are no longer serviceable. One of the big things too, was the lights looked awful in full light. However, I'm going to use some natural PLA on my 3D printer to make translucent parts. The layers from 3D printing provide a FANTASTIC diffusion effect. Here's a quick mock-up using a part from my Jumptrooper. This performs so much better than before. And yes, the shoulder bell is lit up in that one picture...

pFddEXq.jpg?1

06pav27.jpg

Stole some 3D models from Battlefront... :P I've been doing some work to get them 3D printable, but they should work out just fine.

tKmrRJk.png

I'm also going to be using a new power supply. A couple portable, rechargeable battery packs should do just fine. Better than the dozens of little 12V batteries I was using previously... And it should last a LOT longer, anything is better than the 10 minutes I got before... :P So this trooper is getting a BIG overhaul.

Fivezero

I'll also be moving the photos off photobucket soonish, so I can get this thread and my EVO thread restored.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Glad to hear there's another one in the works!! I guess I should get on restoring those pictures.... (should be tomorrow night).

Anyways, got around to making one of the arms. Unfortunately I'll have to reprint it, since I got the scaling wrong (forgot to check before hand...). I also cleaned up the model a little more. I'll try to reprint it tomorrow night. :)

But it's not all bad, got a quick mock up made up, very pleased with the result.

LFyZpKC.jpg

Fivezero

• Like 1

The way you got the light to shine through those parts is spot-on. I may have to pay you to send me some of those prints. :thumbsup: My gf recently decided she wanted this costume as well and I'm not sure if WTF is doing another clear plastic run anytime soon.

Hey yeah I was wondering the same thing if we should wait for you to finish what you are doing and maybe aqcuire the 3d printed files (willing to pay)?

We have a full kit and i know there are some parts on this costume that you have been experimenting on so i want to know what would be a good course of action for the shoulder bells, the forearms and the helmet?

I am helping my buddy out here in florida so just want to give her the best information. :D