TFU Shadow Stormtrooper #2

I'm hoping that the EL tape will be fine to use with my little 12V batteries I use for the LEDs. The tape is supposed to run at 12V using inverters and a couple AA batteries, so it should work. Also I don't exactly have room for inverters in my shin/forearm/shoulder armor (curse my large muscles).

Fivezero

:D

Well got some new forearms today to finish off the rest of the needed armor. Hopefully get them assembled soon and get the last of the parts painted, woot!

As for the EL tape, it didn't work because I forgot what inverters do, apparently EL tape needs AC current not the DC current from my batteries.... However they have 12V inverters on the site, just more money to spend (this lighting is getting expensive). Finally getting close to the end, woot!!! :D

So I worked on the helmet last night. Finally got the lights rigged up and the details painted. I thought my lenses were being stupid with me then I looked at it with the bucket off (i.e. not in a mirror), it isn't as bad as I thought.... Hmmm.........

ebdb3586-8411-471b-a8cb-61cfd19a8216_zpsbab5452e.jpg

Hmm... Seeing this picture (and seeing without looking through the lenses), it actually doesn't look too bad.... What do you guys think?

I so love this. This could end up being my favorite costume.

Seeing in this thing is just like seeing a regular bucket with a touch of blue. :) The lenses are dark enough to block the light (and the LEDs are above my eyes) so I don't go blind. Also my big head blocks the light from the cheeks and frown.

And yes DE, the pic is very blurry. Flash washes out the blue lights and combined with a 13 year old camera and me taking a quick picture makes for a blurry picture, sorry! :(

Fivezero

Very, very, very, very.....close...can see the blue lights at the end of the tunnel....

Finally ordered some inverters yesterday. If my electrical problems get sorted with the inverters, then I'll proceed to get the rest of the lighting (all $150 of it...). Today I hope to get off my butt and paint the rest of the armor I need to (shoulders, forearms, shins).

Only took me two years to finally get here....

Fivezero

I still have partial armors boxed up from two years ago. If I can keep people from stacking stuff in the garage every time I clean it out so I can work, one day I just may get to them. -iz

Ship them to me and I will hold them for you and not assemble and wear them myself at all ;)

Well I got some inverters the other day and that did the trick. Unfortunately I need an inverter for every length of tape (i.e. I will need 6 total for the shoulders :(), otherwise the tape is too dim to look right. Either that or I don't know how to wire things together (maybe I'll do a little research to verify this....) Either way, it still looks cool. :)

9fd49293-c2eb-44a3-a0bd-8e0d33570fec_zpsd9e38cec.jpg

Also started cutting out the forearms. I decided to go ahead and use LEDs for the top where the cutouts are (less inverters), similar to how I did the tube stripes on the bucket. And I'll use the EL tape to wrap around the ends of the forearms.

02376855-6c8d-4f26-831a-13849ae3e15b_zps1ebe7758.jpg

Fivezero

Well I found out that my inverters are fine for running the lengths of EL tape I have. But I tried attaching another battery and hey, presto, it worked and they were at full brightness. So I just need to buy a couple extra batteries and the EL components will be all set. Now that everything is electrically set, it is time to place an expensive order for some EL tape and panels!!

Fivezero

Man that looks cool. I hope you don't get distracted by throwing discs at the MCP. I must see this finished!