Sith Trooper reference pictures

8 minutes ago, Pascal vdB said:

Hi all, please ignore my lack of knowledge on this topic... I'm seeing some awesome builds here, but nothing is 3D printed. I wish to 3D print at least a helmet of the sith trooper. Are files being made? If not: who would like to help to make them, I'm up for it! 

I hope this question isn't inappropriate here...

There are a few files available, the accuracy varies as no-one has made a fully accurate helmet yet. You can search on the Facebook build groups or Etsy. Basically you will have to compare the files available to the reference materials that are available here and make a decision about which one you like best

• Like 1

Here is an animated gif I made from the Evolution of the Stormtrooper video. I managed to capture frame by frame the technique they used for the silicone moulds for part of the forearm. I slowed it down to 1.5 seconds per frame. I have a bunch of captures that I will eventually upload, but this was by far the most interesting part for me as it showed that this is not an injection mould technique. 

SithTrooperSiliconMoldForearm.gif

• Like 2

Comparing a few images of the ST-W48 blasters, quite a few different details depending on what images you look at.

For instance the TROS premier display shows an angled cog on top of the magazine much like the F-11ABA, bit hard to make out on other images, was hoping the visual dictionary would show more.

Sithtrooper standee shows what appears to be red lights in the end of magazine, others like the visual dictionary show red too but appears it could be paint.

Magazine end cover is also angled on the front.

Star tours display, SDCC display and also Battlefront shows mesh over the inset side details, visual dictionary does not have mesh.

Hot Toys round detail on right front side is incorrect and a red recess section which many 3D files had missed.

There are though a lot of general details between the images which should help define the models.

I guess it's a case of finding more references to be 100% correct ;) 

j6Ylh8k.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone updating their 3D files to add the front red recess section on the side, most references show there is still a front corner/edge although the SDCC and LFL display almost appears not to have the corner/edge

v3e7svd.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 7:21 PM, nanotek said:

Darren V posted this to Facebook:

IMG_1386.JPG

I've updated more reference pics (an old email I found that was overlooked and a few here) and I believe with the new blu ray coming out just a couple more batches should do it.  This one pic file though, the forums won't take (jfif).  Any way to get it as a jpeg or png?  @JAFO may have it...recently messaged me saying he had a folder with some for us to put here.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Here it is being held 

Y9tI1NG.jpg

Oh yes, now I see it even more, he even has his finger on it so he can’t pass through it. 
It won’t let me post a high resolution photo how can I do that ?

Edited by Bear0902
Spelling and grammar horrible
9 minutes ago, Bear0902 said:

Oh yes, now I see it even more, he even has his finger on it so he can’t pass through it. 
It won’t let me post a high resolution photo how can I do that ?

Most of us use an online image host such as Imgur, upload then copy the link to the photo and paste it into your post. 

With the one with the screen you see above you can't see through it, remember those are from a prop show too.

Screen images are showing they do have screen

IJPr0eJ.jpg

26 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Most of us use an online image host such as Imgur, upload then copy the link to the photo and paste it into your post. 

With the one with the screen you see above you can't see through it, remember those are from a prop show too.

Screen images are showing they do have screen

IJPr0eJ.jpg

Oh so the prop show aren’t actually accurate? 
thanks for explaining I’m learning so thanks! 

here’s the photo zoomed. 

https://imgur.com/1XsFaoU

2 minutes ago, Bear0902 said:

Oh so the prop show aren’t actually accurate? 
thanks for explaining I’m learning so thanks! 

here’s the photo zoomed. 

https://imgur.com/1XsFaoU

If you use the "direct link" it should show in the post

1XsFaoU.jpg

Well there you go, black mesh, BUT most others appear to have silver, could be a spare who knows.