Jump to content

Imperial Flametrooper (Jedi Fallen Order)


Recommended Posts

Hi guys ! 
Long time no post here since my ICN build and validation. 
Here I come with another not so mainstream trooper : the imperial flametrooper from Jedi fallen order. 

star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-Screenshot-2019-11-19-19-20-25.thumb.jpg.5df467d7ca1b468c9f45184ec3db8745.jpg

 

I love this guy because his helmet looks  like a skull and he is consistant with the clone flametroopers from TCW. 
And I'm really hoping to get the one to bring it to the Legion :D

Here are some of my refs (I shared all my pics with the staff to get a proper thread for them). After showing you them, I'll present you my progress so far.

1.thumb.PNG.f373af5c843fa8afb290b00e1ccbe304.PNGoriginal.thumb.png.1885f36404d6eed4d9eec50756edbe22.png
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

So, basically this bad boy is based on the snowtrooper with some little changes

1285372177_Comparaisonsnowflame-Copie.thumb.PNG.95b5fc3eb5158acf64cab0022b5b90bf.PNG

 

Therefore, I ordered some snow parts from Far Away Creation :

- Chest
- AB
- Belt 
- Knees
- Shoulders bells
- Shoulders straps
- Hand plates

I had a pair of TK forearms already so no problem.
I ordered from Wampa Wear a pair of snow gloves I'll dye on the hand part to match the color.
And I got from Dan Laws my glove greeblie.
IMG_20210525_190258.thumb.jpg.bc1c690da480bdfcc620c488f5603815.jpg

 

For the backpack, the helmet and the flamethrower, I decided to learn 3D modelling and here is what I managed to get. 
I kno the helmet is not 100% perfect but the little errors won't be too hard to fix when printed.

capture21.thumb.PNG.e95466bd586bcf2078302ac828dee97a.PNG

capture25.thumb.PNG.983c02a2cbf8fb5ecd404089c174c349.PNG

 

The printing process is almost done for the helmet. Then I'll start the backpack and model the weapon.
My only concern for now are the shoes. 

Stay tuned for more updates very soon :)

- Steve

Link to comment

Hi guys ! 
First test of the complete printed helmet. 
I'm printing on a 18cm  x 18cm printer so I have a lot of parts and so... a lot of sanding and cleaning to come haha ! 

Also I made it very close to my size  because, with my tiny shoulders, a classic helmet size would be very big. And the dome skirt seems to go to the right place this way :)  

Please excuse tu bluriness of my pic, I'm shaking a bit ^^"

IMG_20210529_150757.thumb.jpg.0340d602cdbaf24e68ba54f063d60136.jpgIMG_20210529_150743.thumb.jpg.e9dd479c757a78e20c32c94762fcabef.jpgIMG_20210529_150735.thumb.jpg.c91e1978e9781deccdb76a9ced425f1d.jpgIMG_20210529_151029.thumb.jpg.d5d2f354c00cdda1246a3b489beef231.jpg

 

Now, onto the backpack printing and start working on the chest too. 

- Steve

Link to comment

I just have a question regarding the way I'll build this armor.
My kit went with rivets holes on the chestplate's sides. But these are not visibles in the game.
Also, the snow knee pads have a little edge on the bottom but not in the game. 
Other difference : the canva material for the suit and straps/belt. In the game, it seems to be some kind of leatherlike material. The same for the snowtrooper model. But, we know what it should be on a snowtrooper. 
My question is : can I use the  usual snowtrooper material for these parts as a "realistic version" ?  I mean, the JFO scout variant is a classical scout with more accessories. We can do the same with this one. What do you think ?

I did the same with my ICN : the game was a starting point but I made it the more realistic I could ^^

Cheers

- Steve

Link to comment
4 hours ago, stevechewbacca said:

I just have a question regarding the way I'll build this armor.
My kit went with rivets holes on the chestplate's sides. But these are not visibles in the game.
Also, the snow knee pads have a little edge on the bottom but not in the game. 
Other difference : the canva material for the suit and straps/belt. In the game, it seems to be some kind of leatherlike material. The same for the snowtrooper model. But, we know what it should be on a snowtrooper. 
My question is : can I use the  usual snowtrooper material for these parts as a "realistic version" ?  I mean, the JFO scout variant is a classical scout with more accessories. We can do the same with this one. What do you think ?

I did the same with my ICN : the game was a starting point but I made it the more realistic I could ^^

Cheers

- Steve

Hello! Do you have a picture of the rivet holes? Generally if it isn't visible in the game we try to steer away from it on the costume, UNLESS, it is something that is required for feasibility of the costume. There is also the possibility that we can move it to a L2 detail. If you don't want it to show you may be able to fill it in and smooth over the spot, or remove it and do the same with an attachment of Velcro or the like to provide the ability to keep the sides together.

With the snow knee pads we can for sure make that a L1 detail to have the edge and L2 to not have the edge.

I'll have to take a look at the material for the suit and straps/belt and see if we can really focus down on the details. We had a huge debate with suit material when it came to Del Meeko a month or so ago, so discussions could mimic that as well. I'll work on getting a text thread going for CRL stuff today.

Link to comment

Thanks for your answer :) 

Here is the pic of the rivet  holes (they are on both sides).
IMG_20210529_205036.thumb.jpg.2f00e1b83bfc1c5aef18278437a5ad3b.jpgAnovos_Snowtrooper.thumb.png.76d2e0a211c57e8b8574097895ebe341.png

The same kind of question is for the side red button bar. Should I add the rivets on it ? I designed one withou rivets (top and bottom). But I think they should be here too ^^

I really think that this kind of details and the material look different than the original snowtrooper's because of rendering and animation problems. 
Otherwise, the JFO snowtrooper should have canva belt and straps and their edge on the kneepad. 


That is why I find your idea about making the most realistic version a L2 is pretty good and completely fair. :)

- Steve

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Very nice update!

Just a question, did you have any CRL text started yet? I wanted to ask that before I prep the thread for the CRL text discussion and we go piece by piece.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, IcyTrooper said:

Very nice update!

Just a question, did you have any CRL text started yet? I wanted to ask that before I prep the thread for the CRL text discussion and we go piece by piece.

Thanks :) 

Well, not yet. I'm pretty new at writing a CRL, I contributed a few times but that is all. I would love to work with you on it :)

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, stevechewbacca said:

Thanks :) 

Well, not yet. I'm pretty new at writing a CRL, I contributed a few times but that is all. I would love to work with you on it :)

That is absolutely no problem! We'll get a group together to work on the text. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Daily update : side top tank, back strapping greeblies, tube holders and build keys for the sides' emispheres. 

Slowly but surely ^^

IMG_20210603_195413.thumb.jpg.3065034bada637c83fd77175d6a66155.jpg

 

The main parts of the backpack will be printed by a friend whom has a bigger printer than mine. Can't wait to get them and start the assembling phase. 

- Steve

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Daily update : bottom right "emisphere" with tank support.

IMG_20210605_185843.thumb.jpg.1a64d95432fa653f0809c25bc4f0be40.jpg


I have four to print and can't wait to get some news from my friend printing the main part of the back pack :)

I'll get my duster soon hopefully (from 20eyesdesign). 
This bad boy is comming along nicely :)

 

- Steve

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Daily update : 2nd right "emisphere" & build test to check if I did it right.

IMG_20210606_170710.thumb.jpg.9cda808f0f0fbf26c7755812a78a85df.jpg

IMG_20210606_170910.thumb.jpg.7dbbbf5e9728cb08da1919c061202113.jpg

Two more to go. 

I'm currently working on the flamethrower and I hope to finish modelling it by the end of the week. Or at least enough parts to start printing ? Let's see.

- Steve

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Week end update :) 
- The flamethrower model is almost done. 
- I started filling the helmet. 

Unfortunately, due to my allergies, I cannot work a lot outside for the moment so I must focus on simple things.
I'll start dying the straps tomorrow I guess so I can begin working on the armor pieces I have.

Cheers

- Steve

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

i took a look at the shoes and to me that looks like the boot and over-gaiter that we use on the Rebel Endor Commandos.  I may be wrong, not knowing the game but thats how it appears. we do the same thing for Hoth Trench Troopers, its a mocossin with a gaiter over the top of it.  In this application its more likely a white shoe/boot with the gaiter shaft and cover created on top of it. Is there a way to get around inside the game , or the character views, to see the backside of the boot. I was pretty shocked that our Del Meeko guys were able to strip out the individual components of the game, and then we could look at how the developers modeled things , looking from inside.    That may help determine exactly how this appears. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

i took a look at the shoes and to me that looks like the boot and over-gaiter that we use on the Rebel Endor Commandos.  I may be wrong, not knowing the game but thats how it appears. we do the same thing for Hoth Trench Troopers, its a mocossin with a gaiter over the top of it.  In this application its more likely a white shoe/boot with the gaiter shaft and cover created on top of it. Is there a way to get around inside the game , or the character views, to see the backside of the boot. I was pretty shocked that our Del Meeko guys were able to strip out the individual components of the game, and then we could look at how the developers modeled things , looking from inside.    That may help determine exactly how this appears. 

I was precisely looking for some boots today. I need to do it again as I couldn't save my research  at work haha but  the closest I could find was some old French sand ranger boots. 
Edit : 
Here are the French rangers I talked about and some Palladium shoes with a 80% similar sole than the game's but the front of the Palladium is not correct it seems. I guess the sole pattern is not that important for the future CRL, right ? :)
Rangers marron Armée française années 70 - La Tranchée Militaire  palladium pas cher > Promotions jusqu^� 67% r�duction

 


Yep, it is clearly a shoe/little boot with a gaiter. Just need to find the closest one xD As it is a game, I don't think this is some existing shoes.
All I had from the game was what I give to Raider here : 

I couldn't find only the boots. The flametrooper is one rigged model. Only the kama is separated :(

Edit : 
Progress on the flamethrower so far (almost no glue needed as I tryied to model
 it as a puzzle, but i might secure it later anyway ^^)
IMG_20210621_104557.thumb.jpg.a158e831bcb1c7df2561841afd42b47e.jpg  IMG_20210623_192226.thumb.jpg.0d1b343a3b71d23f85094104b2b28f1e.jpg

Edited by stevechewbacca
Progress
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello there :) 

I finally have all the flamethrower parts printed. 
I will need to make some tweaks as I realised the model is not perfect for printing and assembling, but no big deal at all ^^ 

It is a bit more than 1m long.

IMG_20210702_082411.thumb.jpg.073b46d9c250db078d83660d9f0913b7.jpg

 

Cheers !

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.