Imperial Security Trooper - Andor - CRL Discussion

40 minutes ago, BigJasoni said:

I just went through the "archives" and came up with the following pics. Of course, most of the reference photos are on Narkina 5, but as we see in the below photos, it clearly appears a couple times on Rix Road. The issue becomes finding detailed references on Rix Road, but we can compare what we see with the much clearer pics elsewhere.

12PTpYJ.jpeg
First, in the formation, we can see at least two troopers carrying the black Zap Rod.

8Gcqeon.jpeg
The second pic shows it in action. This is the clearest shot we see of it on Rix Road. In this picture, the color looks more gunmetal than black/ anthracite, but we can definitely see what it is along with the details.

t6V5L0T.jpeg
Here it is again. Now you can see that it's more black than anything else. The former picture that made it appear grey/ gunmetal appears to be because of the lighting.

v4FWQPN.jpeg
Earlier in the Narkina 5 episode, we saw the black Zap Rod pop up as Cassian was being transferred to the prison. This is good because we see how the weapon was seemingly used in multiple scenes, but also shows that a black zap rod existed throughout the series.

bq6pyCL.jpeg
And here's a good picture showing the two variations of the Zap Rod. In this picture, we can tell that it's the exact same weapon, but in different colors. Therefore, we should be able to use the clearer pictures from Narkina 5 to build our requirements.

y59Vd4g.jpeg
Here's the first clear picture. Additionally, the upper handle details are shown.

0gO64Z5.jpeg

Here's a good pic of the entire weapon. This is good for showing the details as well as the overall length of the rod.

jhUhjfb.jpeg
Finally, I wanted to post this picture of the riot baton. I'm not sure how I overlooked this previously, but it's a great picture that shows the size and color of the baton and grip. Of note, this is the best picture showing the "density," or thickness of the foam handle.

I could only think of only one IST that was carrying the zap prod on Rix when they formed the barricade to quell the riot, so good reference posts.  The rest were batons.  I imagine we are going to allow either/or for the costume?

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I could only think of one IST that was carrying the zap prod on Rix when they formed the barricade to quell the riot, so good reference posts.  The rest were batons.  I imagine we are going to allow either/or for the costume?

Great pics ont he cattle prod!  How do you guys get these awesome captures? 

How about the text on the E11? Are we set on that? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

https://www.cap-that.com/ is the place to go.  I also can use Topaz AI to clean up and sharpen images to an extent.  Did that on the Fett Repaint CRL but haven't had to here.

• Thanks 2
On 6/7/2024 at 12:30 PM, Blackwatch said:

All good, I added the finalized E-11 Blaster text to the first page:

E-11 Blaster

Manufactured by BlasTech Industries, the E-11 is standard-issue for many Imperial Troops. Light, compact yet powerful, the E-11 blaster is always in high demand throughout the galaxy.

• Note, the E-11 holster as seen in the Original Trilogy movies is not authorized accessory for this costume.
  • Based on a real or replica Sterling Airsoft Gun, Sterling Sub-Machine Gun, scratch-built, or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster to depict the Rogue One style E-11 blaster. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Blaster shall be based on a real or replica S&T Sterling L2A1 AEG Airsoft Gun or accurate 3d print file. (Folding Stock does not need to function)
  • D-Ring shall be present on the rear end cap.
  • M38 Telescope. 1943 model is preferred.
  • Power Cylinders shall be mounted on top of the magazine well. R1 style power cylinders are preferred over ANH style.
  • 6 rows of T-Tracks cover the Sterling receiver holes except for the lower left row with the bayonet lug.
  • Counter shall be a real or replica Hengstler 400 Series counter with Small eagle logo.
  • Power Cylinders shall be R1 style, ANH style is not allowed.
  • Scope shall be a real or replica M.H.R. 
  • Thanks 1
On 6/6/2024 at 8:48 AM, BigJasoni said:

I just went through the "archives" and came up with the following pics. Of course, most of the reference photos are on Narkina 5, but as we see in the below photos, it clearly appears a couple times on Rix Road. The issue becomes finding detailed references on Rix Road, but we can compare what we see with the much clearer pics elsewhere.

12PTpYJ.jpeg
First, in the formation, we can see at least two troopers carrying the black Zap Rod.

8Gcqeon.jpeg
The second pic shows it in action. This is the clearest shot we see of it on Rix Road. In this picture, the color looks more gunmetal than black/ anthracite, but we can definitely see what it is along with the details.

t6V5L0T.jpeg
Here it is again. Now you can see that it's more black than anything else. The former picture that made it appear grey/ gunmetal appears to be because of the lighting.

v4FWQPN.jpeg
Earlier in the Narkina 5 episode, we saw the black Zap Rod pop up as Cassian was being transferred to the prison. This is good because we see how the weapon was seemingly used in multiple scenes, but also shows that a black zap rod existed throughout the series.

bq6pyCL.jpeg
And here's a good picture showing the two variations of the Zap Rod. In this picture, we can tell that it's the exact same weapon, but in different colors. Therefore, we should be able to use the clearer pictures from Narkina 5 to build our requirements.

y59Vd4g.jpeg
Here's the first clear picture. Additionally, the upper handle details are shown.

0gO64Z5.jpeg

Here's a good pic of the entire weapon. This is good for showing the details as well as the overall length of the rod.

jhUhjfb.jpeg
Finally, I wanted to post this picture of the riot baton. I'm not sure how I overlooked this previously, but it's a great picture that shows the size and color of the baton and grip. Of note, this is the best picture showing the "density," or thickness of the foam handle.

I looked at this a bit more and definitely see the two colors of the zap rod, that could prove to be a bit of a challenge text wise. There is the all black handle version in the one pic and the other version has the white handle with the contoured grip that doesn't go all around the rod. Personally, I believe that we go with the mostly black one as we have clear evidence that that is the one the ISTs are carrying in the scenes (not the Narkina ones).

Zap Rod

• Roughly 36" (91.4cm) in length.
  • The base features a tip on top of a 2" (5.08mm) cylinder with two rings as seen in the reference photo. The tip and cylinder will be metal or have the appearance of being metal.
  • The hand grip is black and extends up to a raised black ring, about 2" (5.08mm) wide going around the circumference of the zap rod.
  • After the raised black ring there are two sets of pill shaped recessed on each side of the zap rod for a total of eight recessed areas. These recessed areas are closer to the raised black ring than the top of the zap rod near the shock prods.
  • There is another raised black ring, about 1/2" (1.27mm) wide going around the circumference of the zap rod.
  • The tip of the zap rod is cylindrical from the base to the tip and is roughly 4" (10.16mm) long and features a ring closest to the base and two prongs that are triangular shaped. The shock prod portion of the zap rod will be metal or have the appearance of being metal.

• The base cylinder with two rings is made from metal.
  • The shock prod portion of the zap rod is made from metal.
16 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

I looked at this a bit more and definitely see the two colors of the zap rod, that could prove to be a bit of a challenge text wise. There is the all black handle version in the one pic and the other version has the white handle with the contoured grip that doesn't go all around the rod. Personally, I believe that we go with the mostly black one as we have clear evidence that that is the one the ISTs are carrying in the scenes (not the Narkina ones).

Zap Rod

• Roughly 36" (91.4cm) in length.
  • The base features a tip on top of a 2" (5.08mm) cylinder with two rings as seen in the reference photo. The tip and cylinder will be metal or have the appearance of being metal.
  • The hand grip is black and extends up to a raised black ring, about 2" (5.08mm) wide going around the circumference of the zap rod.
  • After the raised black ring there are two sets of pill shaped recessed on each side of the zap rod for a total of eight recessed areas. These recessed areas are closer to the raised black ring than the top of the zap rod near the shock prods.
  • There is another raised black ring, about 1/2" (1.27mm) wide going around the circumference of the zap rod.
  • The tip of the zap rod is cylindrical from the base to the tip and is roughly 4" (10.16mm) long and features a ring closest to the base and two prongs that are triangular shaped. The shock prod portion of the zap rod will be metal or have the appearance of being metal.

• The base cylinder with two rings is made from metal.
  • The shock prod portion of the zap rod is made from metal.

Those requirements are awesome. level 2 requirements are 🔥. Time to find a good machine shop.

• Like 1

Jason do you think this is something printable or would it stand up? those prongs worry me. 

Ok, so, we have verbiage on the weapons now, and if anyone is curious, here is where we stand on the CRL proposal.

We are literally down to the zap rod. 

Light. 

Tunnel.

TRAIN?????!!???????

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Jason do you think this is something printable or would it stand up? those prongs worry me. 

Ok, so, we have verbiage on the weapons now, and if anyone is curious, here is where we stand on the CRL proposal.

Light. 

Tunnel.

TRAIN?????!!???????

It’s totally principal. Jason found a very accurate STL for it. Both he and I have printed it out. It’s an awesome looking weapon in person. Very fun. I think Jason printed his prong with a flexible resin. I want the old school 3-D print route with PETG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 6/20/2024 at 7:21 AM, Blackwatch said:

Light. 

Tunnel.

TRAIN?????!!???????

I think we are done! I put the finalized text one the 1st page.

The images are being edited now, so we can start putting the text in with image placeholders until we get those uploads down on the wiki.

• Like 1

Shayan those were amazingly clear shots, thank you. I love the BTS stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

The CRL has been officially submitted to the LMOs for final review with the text and images in the wiki.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This has been a project worthy of this Detachment. We put a lot of effort into this. 

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1