Imperial Security Trooper - Andor - CRL Discussion

20 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

wow has it been ten days already. i got real busy there for a minute.  Ok back to this. 

There hasnt been further comment or discusson so I believe we are in agreement that this style of boot will be a better fit for us than the traditional Jack. Ill continue to look on Ebay for these in larger sizes.

Boot proposal V.2.0 (FINAL)

• Boot rises to no higher than mid-shin, and is leather or a leather-like material. 
  • There are no laces, decorative stitches, embellishments or buckles on the instep.
  • If seams are present they are at the rear only. 
  • A single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot may be present. The buckle is no wider than 1" (25.4mm).  This need not be functional. 
  • Strap adjustment buckle is dingy gunmetal color, or dingy grey. It shall not be shiny / chrome. 
  • Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable as long as they are concealed. 
  • If the zipper is not covered by a vinyl or leather strip, it is painted black. 
  • For basic approval the soles may feature a more agressive tread. 
  • German Bundesmarine Navy Sea Boots (or authentic replica) are most canon. 

• OPTIONAL Level two certification (If applicable):
  • Boots are made of leather
  • German Knobelbecher Bundesmarine or Knobelbecher Bundeswehr style, accurate in hieght and design. 
  • Sole must be a lower profile, with no hobnails,  modest tread and modest heel. 
  • The rear flap does not extend lower than one-third the height of the boot shaft. 
  • Rectangular reinforcement stiching does not have an "X" stitched into the rectangle.  

I think this all looks great. Should we stick to the boot area and go to the shin armor next? If so, there are a couple screen shots where we get a pretty good look at them and of course, nothing is ever simple. 😆

I’m going to be away from my computer for a week, but will check periodically via my phone to see if there’s any updates and I’ll comment as necessary.

Also, as a side note, I’m almost done with my armor and have started casting straps/buckles and making the soft parts. I should finish everything within a week or two of returning from Florida. This has been another fun project. 

• Like 1

We have a few bits left plus the soft parts got some additions not seen on the Aldhani troopers that we can tackle.

Boots portion of the final CRL text has been updated on the first page.

Looking at the shins, we can finish the armor and move to the accessies- Baton and E10.5 and then the radio backpack for the soft costume.

If we take a look at the Mudtrooper as well as the ICAT DRIVER CRLs they are virtually the same except for the color. 

There is a bit of room for improvement here.

Original Mudtrooper text, per the CRL:

Shins - Version One, Version Two, Version Three

• The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots using two rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.
  • Each strap affixes on the outer edge of the boot via a cam style buckle.
  • The rubber straps are ribbed and equal in size.
  • Straps extend from each buckle and the inner side of the greaves.
  • A "T" shaped knee plate is affixed to both greaves that may appear to angle slightly away from the knee.
  • The "T" shaped plate features a slightly curved rectangle feature that follows the upper edge. The rectangle is raised.
  • Two triangular ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the "T" shaped knee plate.
  • The greaves feature vertical indents and recessed rectangles that should match the reference image.
  • The bottom of the greaves angle outward to follow the curvature of the boot/foot.
  • Shins are painted matte olive gray with heavy weathering.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Green color is similar to Pantone 350U overlaid with Pantone 433U.
  • Rubber straps are approx. 1.5” (40mm) wide.

Text Proposal

Shins V1.0

The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots using two rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.
Each strap affixes on the outer edge of the boot via a cam style buckle.
The rubber straps are ribbed and equal in size.
Straps extend from each buckle and the inner side of the greaves.
A "T" shaped knee plate is affixed to both greaves that may appear to angle slightly away from the knee.
The "T" shaped plate features a slightly curved rectangle feature that follows the upper edge. The rectangle is raised.
Two triangular ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the "T" shaped knee plate.
The greaves feature vertical indents and recessed rectangles that should match the reference image.
The bottom of the greaves angle outward to follow the curvature of the boot/foot.
Shins are painted matte olive gray with heavy weathering.

Green color is similar to Pantone 350U overlaid with Pantone 433U.
Rubber straps are approx. 1.5” (40mm) wide.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2023 at 8:06 AM, Blackwatch said:

We have a few bits left plus the soft parts got some additions not seen on the Aldhani troopers that we can tackle.

Boots portion of the final CRL text has been updated on the first page.

Looking at the shins, we can finish the armor and move to the accessies- Baton and E10.5 and then the radio backpack for the soft costume.

If we take a look at the Mudtrooper as well as the ICAT DRIVER CRLs they are virtually the same except for the color. 

There is a bit of room for improvement here.

Original Mudtrooper text, per the CRL:

• The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots using two rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.
  • Each strap affixes on the outer edge of the boot via a cam style buckle.
  • The rubber straps are ribbed and equal in size.
  • Straps extend from each buckle and the inner side of the greaves.
  • A "T" shaped knee plate is affixed to both greaves that may appear to angle slightly away from the knee.
  • The "T" shaped plate features a slightly curved rectangle feature that follows the upper edge. The rectangle is raised.
  • Two triangular ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the "T" shaped knee plate.
  • The greaves feature vertical indents and recessed rectangles that should match the reference image.
  • The bottom of the greaves angle outward to follow the curvature of the boot/foot.
  • Shins are painted matte olive gray with heavy weathering.

• Green color is similar to Pantone 350U overlaid with Pantone 433U.
  • Rubber straps are approx. 1.5” (40mm) wide.

Text Proposal

Shins V1.0

The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots using two rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.
A "T" shaped knee plate is affixed to both greaves that may appear to angle slightly away from the knee.
The "T" shaped plate features a slightly curved rectangle feature that follows the upper edge. The rectangle is raised.
Two triangular ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the "T" shaped knee plate.
The greaves feature vertical indents and recessed rectangles that should match the reference image.
The bottom of the greaves angle outward to follow the curvature of the boot/foot.
Shins are painted matte olive gray with heavy weathering.

Green color is similar to Pantone 350U overlaid with Pantone 433U.

This all looks good for the most part. The shins are one of those pieces that look simple enough, but there's a little attention necessary to get them right. Honestly, I haven't seen one out there yet that shouldn't qualify for basic approval, but in looking at the reference photos, a few things jumped out at me that we should probably note.

First look at these first two pictures:

aHtD0wF.jpg

V0i40NG.jpg
Has anyone seen a single example of these boots and shin armor in which the boots were not heavily weathered? I haven't. Go back and watch the Aldhani episodes and you'll see the same thing, but to a slightly lesser extent, which makes me think the paint wore off a little. Here's a picture:

RtcySyk.jpg
These particular boots aren't as dirty as the others, and while we're not discussing Aldhani, if we're assuming that the costumes were "recycled" from Rix road, then I guess we also have to assume that the visible weathering is confirmation of it's intent.

Another thing to note is that like the Mudtrooper weathering, NONE OF THIS IS BROWN... it's a very common mistake in the mudtrooper costume, and I think we need to note it here for the shins and boots, possibly for level 2:

Armor is heavily weathered with grey tones similar to Pantone 433U

9dYrqTo.jpg
Another thing to note about the shin armor, specifically the buckles is that the shin buckles are a different style buckle than the shoulder strap buckles. Again, we note the text in the Shoretrooper CRL which spells this out:

The shoulder buckle has a slight different shape to the shin buckles. Pin bar closed and not split above the screw, Screw grove is covered and the rear lever bar is longer on length and the curve is slighter and more square than shin buckle.

Compare the shoulder buckles to what's seen above:

dnUZLPB.jpg

T0qalUH.jpg

Now, that's verbiage for the shoulder buckle, but if you look at the above pictures, you can see the "shorter" lever bar with the more significant curve on the shin. Personally, I think the split above the screw part should have been left out as well as the screw groove part, but the lever is clearly visible. Here's a picture of the style buckles used in these costumes. Both are Martin Baker parachute harness buckles, but the shoulders and shins are from different generations:

kB7OrOM.jpg
The brown one on the left is a shoulder buckle I cast a few weeks ago and the one on the right is a shin buckle. Ignore the clay stuck in the blue one; it's there for casting purposes.

For level 2 I would propose verbiage stating:

The shin buckle has a slight different shape to the shoulder buckles. The rear lever bar is shorter in length with a more distinct curve.

Next, we need to specifically call out the height of the shin armor as it compares to the boot and the wearer's shin/ knee height. Pretty much any shin armor out there will be higher than the accurate boots, but it might be fair to include that the "T-shape" sits either directly over the knee or slightly below it.

Finally, the triangular ‘knuckles’ are unique. Suprisingly, they're not "triangular" in nature, but is more of a Triangular prism with the top and bottom face being longer than the sides. First, let me post a picture of my armor, then go back through the reference pictures and argue it if you like:

M6AgYOb.jpg
Lol. Yeah... I know...😆

i agree the weathering on this is NOT brown. Here in South Louisiana we have clay and it comes in two colors, grey or yellow. When the two are mixed after a weekend of mudding you get a brownishg slurry but thats not what this is, This was likely a weathering spray.   

I have both in my backyard as it was fill when the house was built.   So we definitely want to see grey weathering on the boots and splats on the armor such as the shins. 

We'll change the text to iclude the prism shape, I noted that when I printed mine out that its not a pyaramid. 

I have wondered what the origin of the buckles were, interesting they were off a MB seat.  

My buckles are from different sources and are defintely not the same file used to create it, or perhaps one set was cast off a original since it was clearly cast whlie others were printed.  Ill check my own stuff. 

when we get time for photos for the CRL we will need detailed photos of the differences in the buckles for our Gallery view 

Ok so lets take a look here:

Shins  proposal V1.1

Shins 

The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots  wearers' shin using two flexible rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.
Two triangular prism-shaped ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the "T" shaped knee plate. The top and bottom facets are longer than the side facets. 
Shins are painted matte olive gray with heavy weathering.   to match the armor and are weathered to match the boots.  

The shin buckle shape is different than the shoulder buckles. The rear lever bar is shorter with a more distinct curve.                                                                                        Green color is similar to Pantone 350U overlaid with Pantone 433U.

For clarity Ill repost the Boot final text here, but Im going to add a line about weathering , since all of these boots are at a minimum moderately weathered.

Boot rises to no higher than mid-shin, and is leather or a leather-like material. 
There are no laces, decorative stitches, embellishments or buckles on the instep.
If seams are present they are at the rear only. 
A single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot may be present. The buckle is no wider than 1" (25.4mm). This need not be functional. 
Strap adjustment buckle is dingy gunmetal color, or dingy grey. It shall not be shiny / chrome. 
Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable as long as they are concealed. 
If the zipper is not covered by a vinyl or leather strip, it is painted black. 

The boot is weathered, moderately to heavily. Weathering is grey in color matching references. 
For basic approval the soles may feature a more agressive tread. 
German Bundesmarine Navy Sea Boots (or authentic replica) are most canon. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (If applicable):
Boots are made of leather
German Knobelbecher Bundesmarine or Knobelbecher Bundeswehr style, accurate in hieght and design. 
Sole must be a lower profile, with no hobnails,  modest tread and modest heel. 
The rear flap does not extend lower than one-third the height of the boot shaft. 
Rectangular reinforcement stiching does not have an "X" stitched into the rectangle. 

I believe we are close to finishing the basics of the Security trooper.  We still have some items left, primarily the baton and its holder, and Im quite certain thats a commercial item. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

Shins  proposal V1.1

Shins 

The shin plates (greaves) attach directly to the front of the boots  wearers' shin using two flexible rubber straps that thread through the back of the greaves.
Two triangular prism-shaped ‘knuckles’ are evident beneath the "T" shaped knee plate. The top and bottom facets are longer than the side facets. 
Shins are painted matte olive gray with heavy weathering.   to match the armor and are weathered to match the boots.  

The shin buckle shape is different than the shoulder buckles. The rear lever bar is shorter with a more distinct curve.                                                                                        Green color is similar to Pantone 350U overlaid with Pantone 433U.

For clarity Ill repost the Boot final text here, but Im going to add a line about weathering , since all of these boots are at a minimum moderately weathered.

Boot rises to no higher than mid-shin, and is leather or a leather-like material. 
There are no laces, decorative stitches, embellishments or buckles on the instep.
If seams are present they are at the rear only. 
A single adjustment strap at the top outside of the boot may be present. The buckle is no wider than 1" (25.4mm). This need not be functional. 
Strap adjustment buckle is dingy gunmetal color, or dingy grey. It shall not be shiny / chrome. 
Zippers on the inside of the boot are acceptable as long as they are concealed. 
If the zipper is not covered by a vinyl or leather strip, it is painted black. 

The boot is weathered, moderately to heavily. Weathering is grey in color matching references. 
For basic approval the soles may feature a more agressive tread. 
German Bundesmarine Navy Sea Boots (or authentic replica) are most canon. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (If applicable):
Boots are made of leather
German Knobelbecher Bundesmarine or Knobelbecher Bundeswehr style, accurate in hieght and design. 
Sole must be a lower profile, with no hobnails,  modest tread and modest heel. 
The rear flap does not extend lower than one-third the height of the boot shaft. 
Rectangular reinforcement stiching does not have an "X" stitched into the rectangle. 

This all looks great.

Here in South Louisiana we have clay and it comes in two colors, grey or yellow. When the two are mixed after a weekend of mudding you get a brownishg slurry but thats not what this is, This was likely a weathering spray.   

I have both in my backyard as it was fill when the house was built.   So we definitely want to see grey weathering on the boots and splats on the armor such as the shins.

We're not as far south as you, so here in Virginia we're "blessed" with the red stuff. Ugh. Makes me miss the soil in the Pacific Northwest.

I have wondered what the origin of the buckles were, interesting they were off a MB seat. 

Yeah, when I first saw them while researching the Shoretrooper I thought they looked familiar, but never really gave it a second thought. Later when I read where they were sourced from, it all made sense. I was fortunate to find some on UK Ebay and started casting them recently.

My buckles are from different sources and are defintely not the same file used to create it, or perhaps one set was cast off a original since it was clearly cast whlie others were printed.  Ill check my own stuff.

The ones that I remixed from the original Sean Fields files (with Sean's permission) were available on the Shoretrooper website before it got shut down. I believe most people are using Sean's original files or my remix. Paul Prentice is the only other person I know of that's casting the real things, but I have found a few instances where people have recast all of our stuff and started selling them. The straps I designed and posted have also been recast and are being sold on Etsy. I kindly asked an Etsy seller (who I won't name) where he got the files and he said a friend made them for him.  Whatever.

I believe we are close to finishing the basics of the Security trooper.  We still have some items left, primarily the baton and its holder, and Im quite certain thats a commercial item. 

I'm at a loss here. I've got some good reference photos, but honestly it looks like PVC pipe with "mushroom caps" on either side and a 2-part foam handle. I was even looking at miniature baseball bats last night, but ultimately decided that I may have to 3D model something.

when we get time for photos for the CRL we will need detailed photos of the differences in the buckles for our Gallery view 

When we're ready for CRL photos, I have examples of everything I've noted.

• Like 1

The  Patrol Trooper uses this baton.  They look the same but the Security trooper does not seem to have the stem letting the mushroom head (likely a utility or appliance foot) protrude much past the foam handle. You do get a look at it on the hip of the trooper  grabbing the guy holding the Stone in the holstered configuration, and during the riot scene the aluminum internal part is fully extended. 

You do see one laying on the ground with the silver internal tube extended. Its likely the best view of the whole thing. 

PVC pipe wrapped in neoprene with a sliding end-capped internal tube?  Yeah.  Id say so. 

5 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

The  Patrol Trooper uses this baton.  They look the same but the Security trooper does not seem to have the stem letting the mushroom head (likely a utility or appliance foot) protrude much past the foam handle. You do get a look at it on the hip of the trooper  grabbing the guy holding the Stone in the holstered configuration, and during the riot scene the aluminum internal part is fully extended. 

You do see one laying on the ground with the silver internal tube extended. Its likely the best view of the whole thing. 

PVC pipe wrapped in neoprene with a sliding end-capped internal tube?  Yeah.  Id say so. 

The Patrol Trooper's is very similar. I'd almost say it's the same thing, just extended, but the ends look a little different. In this pic we also see the shock prod Sean mentioned.

andor1x12_2586.jpg

Also, here's an interesting pic. Two things here:

andor1x12_1931.jpg

1. We see the baton "holstered," but I would like to see a better picture. 2. Dude on the right has rear belt boxes, but I can't find anyone else doing this, so looks like operator error to me.

andor1x12_2590.jpg

Next, going back to those belt hook things we talked about with the Aldhani trooper. If you look at the trooper right in the middle, his are clearly visible. Since we don't have anything definitive that I can see showing the possible loop Sean mentioned, I'm curious if maybe they just hung the baton from these belt hooks. I have no idea. Anyways, I still haven't made anything yet, but the baton does look pretty simple, but also appears to be extendable.

From looking at the sheer simplicity of this thing that is certainly possible, to just add a keychain split ring while you are building the baton, right in the middle and just hang it off the belt hook. 

That said, take a look at the picture. I have just rewatched that scene a dozen times. When the first troopers charge the guy with Marva's stone, their batons swing in their restraint. If you look at the left side of the belt at the reference picture at the top you will see what looks like one of those clips you hold a broom up with when you want to mount it to the wall. Run that scene back and forth-that clip is mounted to the troopers belt and it moves with him.

Perhaps its not commercial, perhaps its 3d modeled and printed in TPU for flexibilty. But its certainly a clip of some sort.  Something along the lines of this . 

6204335?$product-main$

The af facing belt boxes really are strange. Curious if he has any in front. 

1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

From looking at the sheer simplicity of this thing that is certainly possible, to just add a keychain split ring while you are building the baton, right in the middle and just hang it off the belt hook. 

That said, take a look at the picture. I have just rewatched that scene a dozen times. When the first troopers charge the guy with Marva's stone, their batons swing in their restraint. If you look at the left side of the belt at the reference picture at the top you will see what looks like one of those clips you hold a broom up with when you want to mount it to the wall. Run that scene back and forth-that clip is mounted to the troopers belt and it moves with him.

Perhaps its not commercial, perhaps its 3d modeled and printed in TPU for flexibilty. But its certainly a clip of some sort.  Something along the lines of this . 

6204335?$product-main$

The af facing belt boxes really are strange. Curious if he has any in front. 

This is an interesting catch.  One I have not noticed.  I'll have to do some more research as well.  Do we think some troopers use the type of batons used on Narkina?  A few definitely have shock prods.

On 12/5/2023 at 8:44 AM, NoZoupForYou said:

This is an interesting catch.  One I have not noticed.  I'll have to do some more research as well.  Do we think some troopers use the type of batons used on Narkina?  A few definitely have shock prods.

Good catch Sean. I believe it is the same shock prod. 
Oes3sEd.jpg

That's the same tip and details in the handle. Unfortunately I’m on my phone and can’t find the picture of the prod on Rix Road, but I’m about 90% sure it’s the same. 

Agreed and agreed.  It may just be a simple half C shape with a flap to keep it closed.  

Ive been on the road for about a week so Im just now getting back to this. 

Any further discussion on this? its small, but fairly important. 

So, Baton Proposal text . V1.0

Baton

Metal or metal-like tube. Approximately 12 inches  (30.5cm) in length when collapsed. 

Rounded caps on each end, metallic grey or silver in color.

Has rubber-like  or neoprene grips on both ends that leave only a small gap in the middle of the baton.

One end of the baton may "extend" approximately 10 inches (25.4 cm).

Baton is only present when the holster is present. 

Baton Holster

Hoster is mounted to the left side of the wearer's belt. 

Curved holder which fits around the middle part of the baton. 

Baton is carried horizontally in the holster.

Lower part is curved. Baton is retained with a leather or flexible rubber strap. 

1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

Any further discussion on this? its small, but fairly important. 

So, Baton Proposal text . V1.0

Baton

Metal or metal-like tube. Approximately 12 inches  (30.5cm) in length when collapsed. 

Has rubber-like  or neoprene grips on both ends that leave only a small gap in the middle of the baton.

Baton Holster

Baton is carried horizontally in the holster.

Lower part is curved. Baton is retained with a leather or flexible rubber strap. 

I;d say that the neoprene padding on the baton has a ribbed texture which is what i've seen in photos.  Also, the baton is carried at a 30-40 degree angle evidenced from the photos I've seen.  Small details.

I looked at it again, and in one pic I can kind of see a shadow that looks like its ribbed. May have been just regular floor runner glued around the pipe.  If these things actually do extend with a spring and simple release then the weight of that and the inner rod would cause that end to sag.

So, Baton Proposal text . V1.1

Baton

Has ribbed rubber-like  or neoprene grips on both ends that leave only a small gap in the middle of the baton.

Baton Holster

Baton is carried horizontally in the holster at a slight angle. 

On 12/20/2023 at 8:11 AM, Blackwatch said:

I looked at it again, and in one pic I can kind of see a shadow that looks like its ribbed. May have been just regular floor runner glued around the pipe.  If these things actually do extend with a spring and simple release then the weight of that and the inner rod would cause that end to sag.

So, Baton Proposal text . V1.1

Baton

Has ribbed rubber-like  or neoprene grips on both ends that leave only a small gap in the middle of the baton.

Baton Holster

Baton is carried horizontally in the holster at a slight angle. 

All of this looks good so far. As a note, I’m kind of glad we’ve touched on the “collapsed” aspect, but haven’t written it in as a requirement. Yes, we see it carried in what appears to be a collapsed state, but never seen it extended/ retracted on screen. We’re only seeing the troopers carrying a full sized baton for action shots, or on their hip for routine movement. Seems like a wardrobe department need versus functionality.

Also, I’ve briefly spoken to @Bozzy about making a 3d model for us to print. If you’re unaware, he’s the person responsible for remixing the original Sean Fields files into the armor most of us are wearing. The only thing I need is to provide some estimated dimensions of this weapon. Cool thing about printing is that we can model the grip into the handle, and be done with that. If we think it’s ribbed, please post pictures and I’ll  start working with Chris to get this finished.

In the meantime, I’ve cast some resin plugs for a standard 1” PVC pipe and it looks pretty good.

HhVAyFy.jpg
I’ve also started working on the Zap Rod and will keep everyone updated as we move to that. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, thanks for the hard work on this. I'll be diving into this as well, pinged a few more DCAs to get us through the finish line. @Blackwatch thanks for continuing the oversight on this :)

• 2 weeks later...

hey everyone, apologies on my part for my absence. This has probably been the busiest six weeks of my entire life. Im just now starting to see the surface.  Ive been working up to 22 hours a day. its been rediculous, and theres no letup in sight but I have a moment to get in and post. 

So on the baton I see what you mean, looks like longitudinal grooves along the hand grip. I wonder what that actually IS, unless it was  like a piece of neoprene that was grooved with a knife?  Jason I like the simplicity of the build and the plugs. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2024 at 8:00 AM, Blackwatch said:

hey everyone, apologies on my part for my absence. This has probably been the busiest six weeks of my entire life. Im just now starting to see the surface.  Ive been working up to 22 hours a day. its been rediculous, and theres no letup in sight but I have a moment to get in and post. 

So on the baton I see what you mean, looks like longitudinal grooves along the hand grip. I wonder what that actually IS, unless it was  like a piece of neoprene that was grooved with a knife?  Jason I like the simplicity of the build and the plugs. 

David,
Glad to see you back. Hopefully work lets up a little bit; that's crazy. Regarding the baton, I'm going with some neoprene foam bar covers. As much as I want to agree that these might be ribbed, or grooved, I just don't see enough to confirm it. If needed, I think grooving with a knife is definitely possible. Of course, I can't find mine, so here's a stock image.
61GfVWy70HL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I'm heading on a trip next week, but will try to finish this thing off when I get back, but the armor and soft parts are pretty much done. I only have a few tweaks remaining, so looking forward to this costume being complete.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Morning everyone, glad to be back. 

My post of a month ago was NOTHING compared to the past week.  

Id love to get this wrapped up since we are down to small parts. 

Can we agree on this text so we can move forward towards completion? 

Baton Proposal text . V1.2

Baton

Metal or metal-like tube. Approximately 12 inches  (30.5cm) in length when collapsed. 

Has ribbed rubber-like  or neoprene grips on both ends that leave only a small gap in the middle of the baton.

Grips may be made of neoprene or foam, and may be ribbed or left plain. 

Baton Holster

Baton is carried horizontally in the holster at a slight angle. 

• Like 1