PROPOSED CRL MODIFICATION: Inferno Squad Del Meeko

1 hour ago, TX-20113 said:

Ok. I thought the inferno pouches would be smaller than the scout pouches ? 

They're maybe a little bit smaller, but not by much. They seem close enough to consider them the same size.

• Thanks 1

Ready to do the next section, the Thermal Detonator. 

The detonator is quite more detailed than this, so I would like to go over this as a single section. 

Thermal Detonator

• - The thermal detonator is attached to the center of the back of the belt.
  • - Thermal detonator is gloss black in color
    •       - Silver button details are present on the central box. 

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

+ Made from the game's 3d model and scaled to the wearer
      + Biker Scout TD is NOT accurate, the one used here is smaller.

Change Log 1.0

Thermal Detonator

The thermal detonator is attached to the center of the back of the belt and fits between the scout style pouches.

Thermal detonator is gloss black in color.

The detonator consists of a boxy central structure containing a ribbed hose, and end caps which are "closed" where the tube enters the end cap. 

• There are two silver details on the central box. These details consist of a greeblie on the right side of the box, and a dome shaped greeblie on the left side of the box. 

• OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

Made from the game's 3d model and scaled to the wearer. 
    • The standard shadow scout thermal detonator is not accurate and is not to be used. 
      + Biker Scout TD is NOT accurate, the one used here is smaller.

I took a closer look at the Detonator compared with the original Biker Scout TD. 20200510_134543.thumb.jpg.5a3118a2ac91d0e938303df824748b97.jpg20200510_134720.thumb.jpg.0b5b69841ff095ec9bc1e11134de2558.jpg

My suggestion is to keep the option to use the original Biker Scout TD for basic approval. For L2 i would mention that the tubes of the Inferno TD are longer on each side than the Scout's are. Also the ending caps are closed. The recgangular silver  greebly on top of the TD should match the game references. It's quite different to the Scout's. 

Ok I think we could ask again for a size comparison of both regular TD & Del TD with 3d files ?

The main problem here is fitting between the pouches, if regular TD appears too big for a correct fitting it will appear misleading to people, so better check it
From my personal experience : I've bought a regular TD at 1st and it ended quite too big to fit between my pouches, I know I'm quite skinny but well ...

• Like 1
Just now, MahXPrime said:

Ok I think we could ask again for a size comparison of both regular TD & Del TD with 3d files ?

The main problem here is fitting between the pouches, if regular TD appears too big for a correct fitting it will appear misleading to people, so better check it
From my personal experience : I've bought a regular TD at 1st and it ended quite too big to fit between my pouches, I know I'm quite skinny but well ...

I am using a regular TD too, and its fits perfect between my pouches, the new ones and it also did between the inaccurate bigger pouches i had from Jim. So, it depends on the wearers size. But yes, getting the size comparison would be helpfull

• Like 1

Change Log 1.1

Thermal Detonator

Attached to the back of the belt is a rectangular gloss black  Thermal Detonator with a black corrugated hose.  The end of the hose is covered by gloss black end caps. 

Thermal Detonator is gloss black in color.

• There are two silver detail greeblies on the central box. These details consist of a dome-shaped greeblie on the left side of the box and rectangular greeblie with various designs on the right side of the box.  Standard Shadow Scout style greeblies are acceptable for L1 approval. 
  • For basic (Level 1) approval a gloss black Shadow Scout style Thermal Detonator is acceptable, as long as the greeblies are painted silver. 

• The detonator consists of a boxy central structure containing a ribbed hose, and end caps which are "closed" where the tube enters the end cap.
    • The detonator box features a round dome-shaped greeblie approximately 5/8" (15.8mm) on the left side and a 3/4" x 1.5" (19mm x 32.7 mm ) rectangular greeblie featuring various designs as seen in the reference images.
    • The standard shadow scout thermal detonator is not accurate and is not to be used for Level 2 approval. 
    • + Biker Scout TD is NOT accurate, the one used here is smaller.
  • Like 2

finalized text with all requested changes made.  Please give it a look over and comment. 

Change Log 1.2  (FINAL TEXT) 

Thermal Detonator

Attached to the back of the belt is a rectangular gloss black  Thermal Detonator with a black corrugated hose.  The ends of the hose is covered by gloss black end caps.                                                                                                                                                                               The Thermal detonator fits between the two back belt pouches.                                                                                                                              There are two silver detail greeblies on the central box. These details consist of a dome-shaped greeblie on the left side of the box and rectangular greeblie with  various designs on the right side of the box.

• For basic (Level 1) approval a gloss black Shadow Scout style Thermal Detonator  with standard greeblies is acceptable, as long as the greeblies are painted silver. 

• The detonator consists of a boxy central structure containing a ribbed hose, and end caps which are "closed" where the tube enters the end cap.
    • The detonator box features a round dome-shaped greeblie approximately 5/8" (15.8mm) on the left side and a 3/4" x 1.5" (19mm x 32.7 mm ) rectangular greeblie featuring various designs as seen in the reference images.
    • The standard shadow scout thermal detonator is not accurate and is not to be used for Level 2 approval. 
    •  
  • Like 1
Just now, Blackwatch said:

finalized text with all requested changes made.  Please give it a look over and comment. 

Change Log 1.2  (FINAL TEXT) 

Thermal Detonator

Attached to the back of the belt is a rectangular gloss black  Thermal Detonator with a black corrugated hose.  The ends of the hose is covered by gloss black end caps.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       The Thermal detonator fits between the two back belt pouches.                                                                                                                                                                      There are two silver detail greeblies on the central box. These details consist of a dome-shaped greeblie on the left side of the box and rectangular greeblie with  various designs on the right side of the box. 

• For basic (Level 1) approval a gloss black Shadow Scout style Thermal Detonator  with standard greeblies is acceptable, as long as the greeblies are painted silver. 

•  

Perfect ??

Next I would like to tackle both the holster and the boots. If I find that both start to get technical, I will split the discussion. 

Original Text:'

Change Holster
  • The holster is made of black leather or leather-like material and be worn on the left side and affixed via two black loops over the belt. 

+ Holster is worn empty

Boots

• Calf high leather or leather-like material.
  • Similar design to German jack boots or motorcycle riding boots.
  • Boots have a flap with adjustment strap that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.
  • Adjustment strap has a square, silver adjustment buckle.
  • Heels are made of rubber or similar material and may have tread or no tread.
  • Boots may contain zipper closure but must be concealed with boot material as to not be visible.

+ Jackboots are not accurate, the boots are custom made according to the specific design seen in references.
    + Boots are not shiny, they are close to a matte render
  •  
  •  
  • Text updates:
  • Original Text in whiteI
  • Updated ext in Green
  • New text in Orange. 

CHANGE LOG 1 

Holster

• The holster is made of black leather or leather-like material and be worn on the left side and affixed via two black loops over the Officer style belt. 

+ Holster is worn empty.

Boots

• Boots have a flap with adjustment strap that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.
  • Boots may contain zipper closure but must be concealed with boot material as to not be visible.

+ Jackboots are not accurate, the boots are custom made according to the specific design seen in references.
  •  

•  

2 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Holster

• The holster is made of black leather or leather-like material and be worn on the left side and affixed via two black loops over the belt. 

+ Holster is worn empty

20200511_190530.thumb.jpg.845c9809fcba1554b17ed31c9a98b3c1.jpg

I would delete the loops, even for L1. For L1 the wearer can use a standard ROTJ E11 Holster, but attached with straps instead of loops. Maybe @areilly can try to give us a look inside to see how it is attached. I think its on the inside of the Officers Belt (i did it like that. With snap buttons). 20200511_190454.thumb.jpg.1ffae802b94daa92173f80506254260f.jpg20200504_204334.thumb.jpg.e9c046902e5df9c793d7bd6a3431a14d.jpg

For L2 it should be attached by straps. There is a little leather square on each side on the outside of where the straps are attached on the Holster's top. And the safety loop has a pointed end. (Stormtrooper's safety loop has a straight end) 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Boots

•  

Got some nice shots for you

20200504_204424.jpg

20200504_204415.jpg

20200504_204434.jpg

20200504_214724.jpg

20200504_214715.jpg

20200504_214752.jpg

20200504_214801.jpg

20200504_214742.jpg

• Like 1

Here you can see where the knee is. So you can imagine how much of the calf os getting covered. I would say that it almoat passes the calf. But that may be an option for L220200511_191512.thumb.jpg.55e9d88cff6fc42c2757eb4cbf7b2f57.jpg

• Like 2

From what I can see, they took a fairly standard jackboot design and gave it a taller shaft. I'm getting about a 38cm shaft height along the back of the leg, and on my German EU43/BW275 boots I have about a 32cm shaft (shaft not including the heel/sole). So overall about a 6cm/2.5" taller shaft than the standard jackboot. 

QIekwsY.jpg

Just now, areilly said:

From what I can see, they took a fairly standard jackboot design and gave it a taller shaft. I'm getting about a 38cm shaft height along the back of the leg, and on my German EU43/BW275 boots I have about a 32cm shaft (shaft not including the heel/sole). So overall about a 6cm/2.5" taller shaft than the standard jackboot. 

QIekwsY.jpg

So now that we know about the height of the shaft, shall we add 38cm as L1 option? Because 38cm won´t look like 38cm if the wearer is 2m tall ;)

it would be interesting how much of the calf got covered, so we could make the  option "scaled to the wearer" for L2. We could calculate that if we would know how tall TJ Ramini is.

I am 5'10" tall and my boots are 16" tall, and pretty much stop where  these boots stop.  I use motorcycle  boots because of my monster size  14 EEE asskickers. 

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

Next I would like to tackle both the holster and the boots. If I find that both start to get technical, I will split the discussion. 

Original Text:'

Change
  • CHANGE LOG 1 .1

Holster

• Holster is made of black leather or leather-like material.

• A Stormtrooper style holster is acceptable for basic approval.

Holster is worn on right left side of belt.

Holster is attached via 2 straps which pass behind the belt, using two fasteners in the middle of the belt.

The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws. 

• Note: The straps are slightly longer for this ROTJ holster then seen on the other Original Trilogy Stormtroopers.

• There is a retention strap which ends in a point approximately 1/2" (12.7mm) beyond a black snap closure. 

•  
  • The holster is made of leather. 
  • A leather square is seen under the rivet at the top corners of the holster where the straps are mounted. 
  • Holster is worn empty.

Boots

• Similar design to tall German jack boots or tall motorcycle riding boots are acceptable for basic approval.
  • Boots have a flap with adjustment strap that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.     on the out facing side of the boot. 

• Boots stops just below wearers knees.  Shaft height should be 15" (38mm) or as required to stop just below the wearers knees. e.  
  • Boots have a flap with adjustment strap that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.  See reference images for shape of the adjustment flap and strap.
    Boots are not shiny, they have a matte appearance. 
  •  

•  

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

flap with adjustment strap that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides

No flap for L1? Its an important mark of the Inferno Boots, not just a small detail. I would keep the flap also for L1

motorcycle boots are not made with those flaps.  a person will have to go to a cobbler and have it added.  Ive had several pairs of very tall moto boots, and I look at them online constantly, and outside of real officer boots with that adjustment, its not part of the "big boot world". By big boots I mean size 14 and above, and with a calf size of 22 inches or better.  

• CHANGE LOG 1 .2
  • I will be leaving the holster section as-is. Only boot changes will be made in CL 1.2.

Holster

Holster is worn on right left side of belt.

Holster is attached via 2 straps which pass behind the belt, using two fasteners in the middle of the belt.

• Note: The straps are slightly longer for this ROTJ holster then seen on the other Original Trilogy Stormtroopers.

• There is a retention strap which ends in a point approximately 1/2" (12.7mm) beyond a black snap closure. 

•  
  • A leather square is seen under the rivet at the top corners of the holster where the straps are mounted. 
  • Holster is worn empty.

Boots

• Calf high  black leather or leather-like material.  Boots are dull in appearance. 
  • Similar design to tall German jack boots or tall motorcycle riding boots are acceptable for basic approval.
  • Boot has a round, plain toe. Harness style or box toe boots are not to be approved. 
  • Ankle straps are to be removed. 
  • Typical jackboots are not acceptable as they are too short.  The boot shaft must rise as close to the bottom of the knees as possible.    The boot shall be as tall as required to achieve this appearance.   See reference images. 
  • Boots have a flap with adjustment strap that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.     on the out facing side of the boot. 

•  OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

• Boots stops just below wearers knees.  Shaft height should be 15" (38mm) or as required to stop just below the wearers knees. e.  
  • Boots have a flap with adjustment strap with square silver buckle that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.  See reference images for shape of the adjustment flap and strap.
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Blackwatch said:
  •  
  • CHANGE LOG 1 .3 (final text) 
  • Holster

Holster is worn on left side of belt.

• Note: The straps are slightly longer for this holster then seen on Stormtroopers.

•  
  • Holster is worn empty.

Boots

• Calf high black leather or leather-like material.  Boots are dull in appearance. 
  • Boot has a round, plain toe. Harness style or box toe boots are not to be approved. 
  • Ankle straps are to be removed. 
  • Typical jackboots are not acceptable as they are too short.  The boot shaft must rise as close to the bottom of the knees as possible.    The boot shall be as tall as required to achieve this appearance.   See reference images. 
  • Boots have an adjustment strap on the out facing side of the boot. 

•  OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

Boots stops just below wearers knees.  Shaft height should be 15" (38cm) or as required to stop just below the wearers knees.  
  • Boots have a flap with adjustment strap with square silver buckle that starts at the middle back of the boot and wraps around to the outfacing sides.  See reference images for shape of the adjustment flap and strap.

• Like 2

Ok. Clear and Lock. Moving on. 

HERE.  WE.   GO. 

ACCESSORIZE!!!!

This will be the discussion of the Optional parts of the uniform, which are not required for approval, but these will all likely be required for Specialist. That is up for discussion. 

Optional Accessories

Items below are optional costume accessories. These items are not required for approval, but if present appear as described below. If adding in an accessory after initial approval, the item still needs to be submitted to local GML for approval before use.

Face
  • Medium length with a part on the side swooped to the right and brown in color. 

New text in Orange

Updated text in Green

Removed text in red strikethrough

Change Log 1

Face

•   Hair is Medium length with a part on the side swooped to the right and brown in color.  
  • Like 1

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen ?

first of all! The Balaclava can no longer be optional! Its a must have because it's clearly seen when Del wears the Helmet20200504_204240.thumb.jpg.a710ac31e9e9764f3ae2ab33b0c1e89a.jpg

Second: the Droid needs to be deleted. Only Iden uses the Droid. 

Third: the blasters (E-11 ROTJ and DLT 19-X) can stay as they are ?

Fourth: i want to add a Sticky bomb (i don't know the right name of it. Althouth it ia most used bomb in the whole Star Wars Universe it hasn't any name or any place in the visual dictionaries) and a silver standard  thermaldetonator to be worn on the right side of the front of the scout style belt

20200420_185005.jpg

20200420_184912.jpg

20200511_210552.jpg

20200511_211232.jpg

• Like 1