WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

• 4 months later...

Work on the project had stalled again :( The build team who were "absolutely going to see it through" cut the helmet apart then didn't provide any further assistance. Loosing the bucket was a major set back.

However, one of my other garrison mates has since offered to help with some 3D modelling of the helmet. This should provide a much more accurate version of the helmet than my original sculpt and also provide a permanent model of it too. It's going to take him a while to get it done as he is back at uni in the next few weeks, but we went over the helmet today and he also had a crack at the blaster/speargun while he was here. I'm sure he will be along shortly to show off his work :P

The other parts of the suit are as they were at the last update. Nothing has been trashed or damaged and it has all survived a house move in the last month. The Backpack is still a work in progress, I'm having trouble working out the best and most sturdy way to glue ABS at 90 degree angles. If anyone has any suggestions, I"m all ears.

As Alex mentioned earlier I've been helping with some 3D work for Aquatic Assault Trooper 

The main plan is for me to 3D Model the bucket for him, a challenge that I'm very much looking forward to!

In the meantime, though I was able to have yarn with Alex today and see the original sculpts that were used for the original helmet. And the photos and notes I took will serve as the basis for the 3D model.

While I wasn't able to start the helmet today, I wanted to at least rip into some other 3D Work for the project, so we figured we'd get into the Speargun! With Alex there it was easy for me to be able to smash out what is essentially the finished 3D model, being able to discuss the details in person made it super easy to 3D Model.

It was modelled from the 3 main reference pictures that Alex has based the entire build on. Cool part is it’s made so that it functions as a 'pump action' Spear Gun. While the harpoon is a fake one, the whole forward handle (the green bit) will slide back on forth on the rail seen on the body of the Speargun as a means of ‘firing’ the spear. These are all details seen in the art which we discussed a heap.

So, with all that said, here's a heap of 3D Renders of the Speargun/Blaster which I modelled up this afternoon!

(we still have some stuff to tweak of course, and the colours are temporary simply so I had something for the 3D Renders)

42558473374_77519f2617_o.png

28407449637_5dd1c11110_o.png

42558472934_593a7d6faa_o.png

28407449027_5f2d9abde7_o.png

28407448627_2263689f91_o.png

42558471454_255c8fc7b2_o.png
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/30/2019 at 10:37 AM, Raider said:

@Studio 49 @Tachyon Thought I'd drop a line to see if there's still movement on the project?  Thanks!!!

G'day there ?
I've gradually been making progress on the 3D file for the helmet in my limited spare time this year, I'm determined to help Alex get this kit done!

It's just been a crazy year, I was working in films for Legendary Pictures as a Prop/Model maker for most of the start of the year so that ate up a lot of spare time haha
I'll be sure to post plenty of photos when I get some more progress done on the bucket!

• Like 2
On 7/7/2019 at 1:52 AM, Studio 49 said:

G'day there ?
I've gradually been making progress on the 3D file for the helmet in my limited spare time this year, I'm determined to help Alex get this kit done!

It's just been a crazy year, I was working in films for Legendary Pictures as a Prop/Model maker for most of the start of the year so that ate up a lot of spare time haha
I'll be sure to post plenty of photos when I get some more progress done on the bucket!

Awesome!!!  Are you allowed to share what films u worked on?  Sounds fun!!!