WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

Haha, moulding will be done soon, hopefully. Sorry about the lack of updates lately, been a bit busy with life, but I should be getting stuck back into this to finish off the remaining parts over the next few weeks :)

3rd

Hey! No cutting in line! Tach's got the first, I get the second, Mr Fett gets 3rd. :D

Haha, moulding will be done soon, hopefully. Sorry about the lack of updates lately, been a bit busy with life, but I should be getting stuck back into this to finish off the remaining parts over the next few weeks :)

Can't wait to see it!

-iz

• 4 weeks later...

Well, March was the 13th month of work on this project, so I decided it would be best if I didn't do any work on it in the cursed 13th month. Actually, I was pretty busy with work, diving and a few other things, so I didn't have much time free to work on it. And it was the 13th month that I have been working on this.

Bit of work done today, sculpted the fourth incarnation of the elbow and bicep armor, but at the end of the day, I decided I didn't like either of them. The hardest part about the arms of the costume seems to be that when trying to translate what is on the picture into real life, the dimensions and shapes aren't achievable. The elbow has always seemed too flat in all my attempts at sculpting it, and the shield bits on the side of the bicep can't be the shape they are in the picture unless the body of the bicep armor is flat, not curved, which would make wearing it a problem.

Anyway, here are some pics of the forearm from today, I pulled the bicep apart in sheer frustration, so it will have to be started again from scratch. I think the forearm can be worked on, but I still don't like it. The ribs on the surface of the forearm I tried to copy from the ribs on the TK forearms, as there would be a certain level of similarities between imperial armors, and there seems to be a diveted part of the forearm in the reference pics.

th_ForearmSculpt.jpg th_ForearmSculpt2.jpg

Just think how happy you'll be when all those little green bars read 100%!

Hehe, yeah, can't wait! Not long now :)

Nice work!

-iz

Yeah, I still don't like it, and the more I look at it, the more I hate it. I'm thinking v5 might have to be a cut down and modified TK forearm, just to see how that comes out, then sculpt additions to that. Stay tuned.

Woo, backpack is ready for moulding and the torso is getting there. Skipped the arms for today since I don't have any spare TK forearms at the moment. Just playing with concepts at the moment Mr Fett, they are a very perplexing design them forearms, I'm not entirely sold on the idea of them just being cut down versions of the TB forearms myself, I think probably a blend of TB and TK forearms is what they are, I'll post some reference pics with annotations and pics of the backpack ready for moulding in the morning, getting a bit late at the moment.

Nothing fancy to add, just some pics of the backpack pre moulding. Forgot to add the tank toppers, but they will go on before I pour the plaster over the top of it. Just keeping the pics upto date.

th_BackpackPre-moulding.jpg th_BackpackPre-moulding2.jpg th_BackpackPre-moulding3.jpg th_BackpackPre-moulding4.jpg

Oh, and a breakdown of my interpretation of the arm pieces;

th_armsjustification.jpg

Ok, so got the backpack moulded today, should be ready to pull the prototype pack in the next week or so. I also got to playing with the helmet a bit today, got some video that I am waiting for my tutor to send me, I think you will like it :) I'll upload it as soon as I get it.

Ok, so I can't embed video in a post, so here's the link; Seatrooper Bucket Video

This is mostly a proof of concept trial run, there is still plenty to do on the helmet. For starters, I need to cut the light down so that it dosen't stick down over the visor. The final part will just cover the light slots cut in the top of the helmet. I'm also still working on a way to close the gap between the faceplate and the body of the helmet. The raised bits separating each slot in the light need to be painted grey, I'm going to use the same grey used to paint the teeth, tears and traps on the TK buckets. The 'off' colour of the light will also need to be a white color, at the moment it is pink. So all things that need to be changed for the final piece, but at least I know my concept works now :) What do you guys think?

Yeah, I have to agree that door trim would be the way to go, just haven't been to the foam and rubber store to get some yet. Getting the prototype parts of the rest of the costume finished has been the priority at the moment :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, update for the weekend :)

Backpack, Belt Dropboxes and Belt Buckler are all moulded and fiberglassed. I'll be demoulding these during the week so I can fill, sand, repeat. Also played with a little bit of door trim, I think it will work very well in the gap, but just need to build up the lower part of the faceplate so it has a surface to stick to.

They say pictures say a 1000 words. So here we go :)

th_BeltandBackpackGlassing.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing2.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing3.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing4.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing5.jpg

th_BeltandBackpackGlassing7.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing8.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing10.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing11.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing12.jpg

th_BeltandBackpackGlassing13.jpg th_BeltandBackpackGlassing9.jpg

And here's one to show off Skaught's recent shirt run;

th_IDT.jpg

And after that, I decided I needed to do a bit of ironing for tomorrow;

th_PICT0057.jpg

Until next time, enjoy :)

• Like 1