WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

Hehe, cheers guys. A trooper has to do housework some time.

@Darth Emphatic; We make a disposable mould of the cardboard/sculpted templates out of plaster, then coat the plaster with a layer of shellac to seal it and several layers of PVA act as a release agent. The plaster moulds are destroyed once the fiberglass has set, but we will be remaking the moulds in silicone (I believe) once we have nice smooth and shiny fiberglass prototype parts. That or the fiberglass parts we are making now will be reinforced to become vacforming bucks. Still to finally decide what our final reproduced pieces will be.

Oh, and sorry, I think I misread your question. The original cardboard templates are lined with sticky tape and Vaseline applied to the tape.

More Progress :)

We got the backpack and belt pieces demoulded yesterday and the shoulder bells were fiber glassed. Also got started sanding the belt pieces, so they are almost ready for a primer coat. Just a few more defects to fix. It was like a giant kids dinosaur dig kit :) We didn't quite get the holes in the backpack drilled though, so I haven't been able to start sanding and filling the backpack yet.

th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding2.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding3.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding4.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding5.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding6.jpg

th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding9.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding10.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding12.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding16.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding17.jpg

th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding20.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding21.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding24.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding25.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding26.jpg

th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding27.jpg th_BackpackandBeltDemoulding28.jpg

;) 100% means waiting for paint, but when I have all the parts together, it'll take less than a day to do that. And some parts will be being painted before others too. I want to get that belt completed ASAP!!!!

Finished sanding the drop boxes and belt buckle today, got the boxes painted, but the buckle broke a little bit, so I need to fix that before painting it. Also got the shoulder bells demoulded and the backpack ready for sanding and filling. I think that's about it for now.

I do have a quick question that I'd like some opinions on. Does anyone else thing that with a few little tweaks, the clone biceps and elbow pieces would suit the seatrooper?

Anyway, without further ado, photos from today :)

th_BackpackandDropboxes.jpg th_BackpackandDropboxes6.jpg th_BackpackandDropboxes5.jpg th_BackpackandDropboxes4.jpg th_BackpackandDropboxes2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

That's it! I've had enough of this damned cardboard torso piece!!!

th_TorsoBellsandPack10.jpg

So we pulled a fiberglass frame of it to bog over :)

th_TorsoBellsandPack2.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack9.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack6.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack7.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack8.jpg

And also managed to get some bog down on the backpack and the shoulder bells are almost ready for painting :)

th_TorsoBellsandPack3.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack5.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack4.jpg th_TorsoBellsandPack.jpg

Slowly but surely getting there :D Also, I'm still interested to hear what people think about the possibility of clone arms for the arms of the seatrooper.

th_BeltsandHelmet2.jpg th_BeltsandHelmet3.jpg th_BeltsandHelmet4.jpg

Minor update with some pics of the completed belt. Oh and I finally got around to painting the grill on the helmet sensor.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm missing the buckles on the front part of the webbing to the drop boxes. D'oh! It'll look alot more fleshed out when I put the cummerbund on underneath it, but I cut my 2inch belt webbing a bit short for that. Double D'oh!

Bells are sanded, chest is getting the filler treatment, and the backpack has been filled and in the process of being sanded. No photos from today, because it is a long arduous process of, fill, sand, repeat... But progress is being made. 3 months till my deadline!