WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

Thanks mate :D

Just while I was looking at the ref pics, should the hoses from bucket to pack be black or white/grey??? Always thought that they should be black because tie pilots are black, but then, just checked before I go buying stuff, not so sure now.

Also, while looking at the other ref pics, do you think it would be safe to say that because the trooper on this pic dosn't have the black T bits on the bicep, that the trooper on the book cover wouldn't?

th_troopers.jpg

Thanks mate :D

Just while I was looking at the ref pics, should the hoses from bucket to pack be black or white/grey??? Always thought that they should be black because tie pilots are black, but then, just checked before I go buying stuff, not so sure now.

Also, while looking at the other ref pics, do you think it would be safe to say that because the trooper on this pic dosn't have the black T bits on the bicep, that the trooper on the book cover wouldn't?

th_troopers.jpg

Go with the main picture. The WEG book gives the most detailed look at the AATs so I would go with that. If they have white or grey hoses, use those, If they have black T-bits then paint them black. The source you have above is the WotC RPG pic. Unfortunately, WotC isn't known for putting details into their armor and rarely have a solid reference to match (Same lack of detail caused the WotC Nova to be declined as a paint option). The WEG is the one that shows both front and back, so that should be your detail base pic to use.

-iz

Ok thanks Izzi. I'm thinking I should put them on, because a normal biker has them, but the WEG images don't really show a decent detailed view of that part of the bicep.

Some more progress;

th_BackandBlasterbuilding6.jpg th_BackandBlasterbuilding5.jpg th_BackandBlasterbuilding7.jpg th_BackandBlasterbuilding2.jpg

Got the muzzle built. Still need to fill in some gaps, and sand the curve in. Didn't bother filling in the end sections because the sanding will get rid of the tape holding the panels in. Joined back and front plates together for the resining step, tacked the pack on as a trial.

FPS Time! Kill the Zillo!!!

BackandBlasterbuilding4.jpg

Ok thanks Izzi. I'm thinking I should put them on, because a normal biker has them, but the WEG images don't really show a decent detailed view of that part of the bicep.

Make the judgment off your sources. If you leave them off, the worst that can happen is the LMO can tell you to put them on. If you put them on, he may tell you to take them off. Make the call and be prepared to change it if needed.

-iz

• 2 weeks later...

Quick Update;

Got the Cummerbund done and the pouches are well underway :D Not much of an update, but progress has been slowed due to my uni commitments... Hopefully though I'll get alot more work done next month. I decided I'm not happy with my chest piece, so I'm going to rebuild that, possibly sculpt it then vacform. Watch this space :D

• 3 weeks later...

Yay, some more progress. Took a day off study today due to illness :( but managed to get 4 of my 5 belt pouches sewn. This just leaves one more belt pouch, filling the pouches with a rigid frame and the belt buckler and it's complete. Hoping to get my buckler vac formed in the next week or so, and might get the drop boxes done at the same time *fingers crossed*. Formally finish my study later this week, so I won't be able to post pics up until after that (pouches will look better when filled out), but here's hoping I'll have my ab section completed when I have the camera out! Cummerbund done, belt at about 75%.

Well, photo time. All I have left to do on these pouches is sew the flap shut and reinforce the belt loops on two. I have some more time free now, so expect to see more updates on this project :D

th_BeltwithPouches3.jpg th_BeltwithPouches.jpg th_BeltwithPouches2.jpg th_BeltwithPouches4.jpg

Hopefully I will be getting the molds of the belt buckle and dropboxes done next week and fingers crossed on the vac forming of them too.