WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

Picked up some black unbranded, elbow length gloves today, should look good over the top of the under suit. They end roughly where the forearm armour sits, so the lip should be covered. That's pretty much all the soft armour done, just need to finish the boots and design the neckseal, but that'll need to wait until after I finish the chest, because I need the skirt of it to cover the front zipper on my under suit.

Well, the undersuit I plan on using is just a stock standard TK undersuit, with a zipper up the front instead of the back. As for the gloves, this is very similar to what I have;

12690774860.jpg

They're black wedding gloves, only thing is, they're a female glove so they're half a size to small for my man hands. This isn't much of an issue though, as I wanted tight, form fitting gloves with a length where the lip (where the glove ends and the undersuit continues) could be hidden and they'll do the job. If I find something more manlier I'll grab them though. They're a satin/lycra blend, so they look very similar to my lycra undersuit.

After some more sculpting work today, I have but one awesome photo to show. I did however take a full series of approval style pics with a KS biker scout helmet for reference. (Sorry for the size of the pic). Molding for the prototype is the next step :D

BucketPre-approvalshots18.jpg

Edit; On second thought, I'm going to put this one up as well. Gives another awesome view of the bucket, and a KS Scout bucket for comparison!

BucketPre-approvalshots2.jpg

Sorry Izzi, I already tried transporting this to the post office once before, and it only squashed the back of it. They also said it was too heavy, it weighs a tonne. I am saving money for silicone to do a run though. As soon as I pull the second bucket (first one is mine :lol:) I'll let you know :thumbsup:

The final pieces of all the armor parts are going to be done in fiberglass, of a similar weighting to 0.60 ABS (from memory, I could be wrong, but the thickness was comparable to thinner ABS) I was assured that it won't be heavier than an ABS TX bucket. Easier to do it in fiberglass than vac forming, too many overhangs for the vacform to handle. I can't wait to pull mine, I'm going to have alot of fun kitting this out.

Sorry Izzi, I already tried transporting this to the post office once before, and it only squashed the back of it. They also said it was too heavy, it weighs a tonne. I am saving money for silicone to do a run though. As soon as I pull the second bucket (first one is mine :lol:) I'll let you know :thumbsup:

Sounds great! I'll expect you to swim it over to me, personally, when it's done! :lol:

Awesome work so far!

-iz

do you know about how much theyll be??

Umm, not at the moment, I was talking about it with my mate, but it really depends on the price of silicone at the time and how many kits we can get/sell from the run. It will more than likely be a pretty inclusive kit, covering all the custom parts, armor, belt pouches (or template for you to cut your own belt pouches), neckseal, so on and so forth. But that's just what I'd like to send out in the kit, I can't make any promises till we get to that stage. It first needs to be approved for 501st use and the CRL approved :thumbsup:

Ok, need some feed back. This is just a very rough sculpt of the left shin (greeve). There are noticable differences between the two shins and when you look at the tiny trooper in the top left of the colour pic you can see that there are 2 styles of the back. So this shin is the left of the front trooper. It has 2 flat sections separated by a groove with two cut out sections on the front. I mirrored the lower cut out as well. The back corresponds to the back of the right greeve on the tiny trooper (seems to be reversed for some reason) as the back of his left shin seems more consistent with the 'E' shape on the bigger troopers right shin. There are 2 bands along the back of the top portion, the groove runs right around and the lower portion is removed. The two raised bits below the 2 main bands are going to be half the height as the pic seems to have a bit of a step before going down to the base of the armour (the pipe in my sculpt).

I hope this makes sense to you, It is still a rough sculpt, I'm going to add a flare to the top part so it comes down to be of equal thickness to the lower portion. The lower portion is also going to be thinner than it currently is. I hope this helps you imagine how it's going to look completed. I have to wait till I'm back at the workshop to get the sculpting tools I need to make these modifications.

If you like it, tell me why. If you don't like it, tell me why. I need different peoples opinions and reasoning. The shins are by far the hardest part of this costume for me to do, due to the differences between each of the shins. I also contemplated putting the 'E' on the inside of both shins, but that makes the bands at the back inaccurate, hence why I'm doing two separate styles of shin, Left and Right.

th_Seatroopers4.jpg th_RoughCalfArmourSculpt8.jpg th_RoughCalfArmourSculpt7.jpg th_RoughCalfArmourSculpt9.jpg th_RoughCalfArmourSculpt4.jpg th_RoughCalfArmourSculpt.jpg

-Edit- I should also mention that these are missing the thruster greeblies. I am adding those once they are made. They will be removable though to allow putting on and taking off, as well as more compact storage.

-Edit 2- The other way I could potentially do this, is just ignore the 2 Band backed shin and put the 'E' on the inside of both shins and have a smoother outside of both shins. This however would also require an alteration to the bottom portion of both shins due to differences in the heights of each lower portion.... I'm not liking these shins... <_<

If the reference allows you to mirror them, then do so, otherwise keep them asymetrical. Yeah, the shins look to be killer to replicate. Especially since you need to find a way to put them on and take them off too.

-iz

Putting on and taking off are another kettle of fish <_< I am looking at either flexible fiberglass, hiding the seam behind the thruster, or working out some way of making the recessed panels at the back removable, kinda like clone shins. These options may not work, but I've gotta sculpt the shins before I can play with that.

It kinda makes sense to me to have asymmetrical shins, it's easier, it kinda makes sense if you think different shins might house different sensors, and also the shins on a TX are different because one has a sniper plate and the other doesn't (bit obscure that last one). Do you think I've gotten the shape roughly right and the placement of the cut-outs correct for this shin?

Progress! Yay! Finished rough sculpting the other shin today. I like it more than the left shin, might resculpt that. Let me know what you think, the left has a taper while the right dosn't appear to in the reference pics. Right is just missing the knife on the front and the thruster on the back.

(Right shin is left in the pics and Left is right in the pics)

th_BothShinsRoughSculpt2.jpg th_BothShinsRoughSculpt.jpg th_BothShinsRoughSculpt4.jpg th_BothShinsRoughSculpt3.jpg