WEG Cannon Seatrooper Build

Cheers guys :) .

@Hoppy; Not sure what I can do on it at ur AP, the majority of what is left for now involves sculpting, fiberglassing, moulding or vacforming. Think I'll just be a spare pair of hand to help where I can :) Unless I can get some vinyl and shoes, then I could do the boots... hmm :0Lighten:

Also, the progress bars were easy enough, in ur sig, just type what you want with '|' and '.' symbols then change the colors of the dots and lines. I thought it might make the build a little more easier to follow, in case people were like "Wonder where he's at with this in respect to finishing it." The percentages are really only how happy I am with the part though. There's also a link to the thread in the title :thumbsup:

Hey guys, need another opinion, this time on boots.

What I'm thinking, is getting a pair of imitation crocs (cause brand name ones are expensive :P);

crocs-shoes.jpg

some marine grade vinyl that is used for biker scout boots, and some velcro. The crocs will give a structure for the vinyl to follow and protection for the soles of my feet. The boots in the pictures seem more like socks, so if I leave the vinyl loose it should get the same appearance. I'll also need to add a sleeve from the ankle up, probably about 1/3 to 1/4 the length of my shin so that it bunches up around the ankle (as the structure of the crocs only comes upto the ankle), hopefully giving the illusion of wearing socks. Velcro up the back so I can get in/out. What do you think, will it work?

Also, for the shoulder bells, I was thinking of modding a standard set of TK bells to remove the ridge. It would leave them flat all over. I feel the TB bells are too round and not long enough, while the TK bells would be a better match with the ridge removed. Thoughts?

Thanks guys.

Another day, another dollar..... apparently. Well, in lieu of money, I got some more work done on the helmet today. I'm quite happy with the result of another days work on it, shouldn't take too many more days till it's complete :)

Before work began, I took a photo of my sculpt next to a KS bucket I borrowed from a friend;

th_BucketSculptingDay2.jpg

Then, over the course of a few hours, I cleaned up the cheeks and snout, attached the pipe holders and worked on the visor edging on one side.

th_BucketSculptingDay29.jpg th_BucketSculptingDay25.jpg th_BucketSculptingDay27.jpg th_BucketSculptingDay23.jpg

th_BucketSculptingDay22.jpg th_BucketSculptingDay28.jpg th_BucketSculptingDay24.jpg

The visor is a cross between the close up of Commander Aban and the color image on the cover of the book. The edging has been, and will continue to be a royal pain in the proverbial, as the close up of Commander Aban is quite ambiguous as to whether the lower rim is tiered, or if the inner white line is just a reflection on the visor. I have taken it as a reflection for now. I can see this being a potential point of contention in the future :ermm:

Please, please, please, please PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!! Get me a copy of that helmet when it's ready! (It'll be my first piece of white armor!)

-iz

Figured you would.

Have you figured out what your doing about the bells? and did you get a look at michael's MC bells?

@ Izzi - You betcha :thumbsup:

@Hoppy - Still thinking of using modded TK bells, found the MC bells to still be a little round and short for my liking, TK have more of a point to the top of them.

After having more than a few people ask me about it, I'll be talking to the guys who have been helping me with the moulding and vac forming about doing a run once the legion has given the build an approved status. But only once it is approved will I do an interest thread for a run. No sense in doing a run on unapproved armour. :thumbsup: After all, can't have only one of the seatrooper in the legion. It's just too awesome. Please don't ask me about this until it's approved, but it is in the cards.

@ Izzi - You betcha :thumbsup:

But only once it is approved will I do an interest thread for a run. No sense in doing a run on unapproved armour. :thumbsup: After all, can't have only one of the seatrooper in the legion. It's just too awesome. Please don't ask me about this until it's approved, but it is in the cards.

Approved or not. I want that bucket! And I want it signed and numbered on the inside by you! (Just so I can say I have #2! :teehee: )

Then when it gets approved and the price skyrockets, I can sell it for a billion-bazillion pounds and build our Not-Do-Secret-But-Incredibly-Stealthy Antarctic Base where we can all move in a perform Spec Ops training exercises by playing SW Battlefront, BFII, JK, and TFU for the rest of our lives, all in service to the Empire. :teehee:

-iz

Approved or not. I want that bucket! And I want it signed and numbered on the inside by you! (Just so I can say I have #2! :teehee: )

Then when it gets approved and the price skyrockets, I can sell it for a billion-bazillion pounds and build our Not-So-Secret-But-Incredibly-Stealthy Antarctic Base where we can all move in a perform Spec Ops training exercises by playing SW Battlefront, BFII, JK, and TFU for the rest of our lives, all in service to the Empire. :teehee:

-iz

But if you sell it, how would you get to the Not-So-Secret-But-Incredibly-Stealthy Antarctic Base? I assume it will have to be underwater, otherwise any snowie could get in. I shall keep you posted.

But if you sell it, how would you get to the Not-So-Secret-But-Incredibly-Stealthy Antarctic Base? I assume it will have to be underwater, otherwise any snowie could get in. I shall keep you posted.

Duh! With that much cash we'd also have the Not-So-Secret-But-Incredibly-Stealthy-and-Aquatic-Cold-Resistant Jet!

-iz

Back on target;

Did some more work on the helmet today, finished the details on the faceplate, just smoothing and fixing up the divets and flat surfaces remains. Also gotta put the detail on the 'wings' on each side. Looks like a line with a rectangle in front. Decided to make these slightly raised as they are in place of the ears on the normal bikerscout. But only ever so slightly raised. No pics tonight, but getting close to the prototype helmet now. Decided to do these as a single piece in fiberglass. Too many issues involved in vac forming the helmet (will need to be made seamless due to several pieces being needed), but the fiberglass ones should still be light. That and in-universe, it would need to be a single piece helmet to retain its watertight-ness.

Probably have some pics next week, there isn't a huge amount of difference between it now and the last pics.