Imperial Army Trooper - Andor - CRL Discussion

2 hours ago, neoakaj said:

Take your time on the collar and where the shoulder bridges slot in on the chest. I nearly boned my shoulder set up because my hand slipped when cutting the slots on the chest. 

let me know if you need anything from me from the armor side

This exact thing happened to me the other night. Nothing a little bit of ABS paste won't fix. I had one side get a small slice from the blade about 1/4 inch, will be an easy fix.

Something I only realized today while scrolling through the OxProps Facebook page: 

A TK flashlight was designed for Rogue One, but apparently didn't make it into the movie. It did however make it into the Hot Toys figure for the Jedha Patrol trooper.

Turns out Kimzi (the Radio operator) and a bunch of the soldiers that follow him end up using those exact flashlights! 

I figure this would make for a cool optional accessory, for both armored and non-armored versions. 

The flashlight is not mounted to the blasters and handheld: 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 5
On 1/6/2023 at 8:25 PM, Blackwatch said:

Blaster

Change Log 1.0

E-10 Blaster
Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, cast, 3D print or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
(...)

From what I can see, the most important difference between the E-10 we see in Andor and the older one, is that the E-10 from Andor includes a scope similar to the one we see on the classic E-11.

• Like 1
On 1/8/2023 at 5:53 PM, Detaleader said:

@fb501 Mine is from Philo Props and measures roughly: 75mm tall, 50mm wide and 25mm deep, without the attachment hooks. CRL says approximately 2 inch (5,08 cm) by 3 inch (7,62 cm) by 1 inch (2,54 cm).

Cool screen used of these ones was only 67mm tall, 45mm wide and 25mm deep. they were resin casts of a 3d print with a notch in the top

Screenshot_20230110_024011_Messenger.jpg

• Thanks 2
16 hours ago, Vanedor said:

From what I can see, the most important difference between the E-10 we see in Andor and the older one, is that the E-10 from Andor includes a scope similar to the one we see on the classic E-11.

No bayonet either 

On 1/8/2023 at 1:11 PM, Detaleader said:

Something I only realized today while scrolling through the OxProps Facebook page: 

A TK flashlight was designed for Rogue One, but apparently didn't make it into the movie. It did however make it into the Hot Toys figure for the Jedha Patrol trooper.

Turns out Kimzi (the Radio operator) and a bunch of the soldiers that follow him end up using those exact flashlights! 

I figure this would make for a cool optional accessory, for both armored and non-armored versions. 

The flashlight is not mounted to the blasters and handheld: 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I have seen a file for this somewhere. I am going to have to hunt for it again . 

11 hours ago, fb501 said:

Cool screen used of these ones was only 67mm tall, 45mm wide and 25mm deep. they were resin casts of a 3d print with a notch in the top

That's very interesting. I guess the CRL could be adjusted to give some margin, size-wise.

I guess the belt clip behind the box had been removed? Not sure what's the purpose of the slot.

It's also very interesting to see the paint finish. It's darker than I thought. Do you have more picture of this?

1 hour ago, Vanedor said:

Bayonet? Never seen any blade on a SW blaster. I guess you mean the support?

spacer.png

The Mudtrooper blaster has a box with two spikes that can extend forward, in universe this is considered a bayonet. 

6 hours ago, pm07 said:

I have seen a file for this somewhere. I am going to have to hunt for it again . 

OxProps is the maker of the file, which is how I stumbled over this thing again :D That's where I bought my E-10.5 file for now. 

12 hours ago, fb501 said:

That's great insight, thank you! I can see the rectangular hole in the backside. How did these mount to your belt? 

Very interesting, I wonder if there's a difference between the boxes for the mains vs boxes for anybody else? Either way - I want to grab another set of boxes now! :D Thank you :)

• Like 2

i need to go get that file. Ive not heard of the maker, thanks for that info.  To me the boxes always looked like cast resin, this confirms it. 

So lets focus on the blaster first. Well swing back to this flashlight. 

Blaster

Change Log 1.1

E-10 Blaster
Based on a real or replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, cast, 3D print or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.

Magazine is extended length. Magazine may be fitted with red lights which illuminate through the grill.
Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 2 smaller central cylinders.

Scope rail is fitted on a rear blocks while the front of the rail is angled to join the top of the barrel.  

Scope is a M1938 1943 version. 
A folding stock is in place.
Webbing sling is attached with snap hook buckles.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Base is based on S&T Airsoft sterling with closed working parts (no spring).
Screws used are M4 x 25mm Allen screw/bolts and sunken Allen screws for power cylinders.
Web sling is fitted with 1" (25mm) 316 stainless steel marine webbing snap hooks.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Vanedor said:

That's very interesting. I guess the CRL could be adjusted to give some margin, size-wise.

I guess the belt clip behind the box had been removed? Not sure what's the purpose of the slot.

It's also very interesting to see the paint finish. It's darker than I thought. Do you have more picture of this?

It's a metallic spraypaint finish, I have one of the boxes from set. Yeah the channel had the original clip which broke off

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, fb501 said:

It's a metallic spraypaint finish, I have one of the boxes from set. Yeah the channel had the original clip which broke off

Nice. Don't hesitate to share more pics. I got some 3d-design guys more than happy to be able to replicate things with such clear pictures!

I'm surprised you managed to keep one.  Lucky you 🙂

Simon to answer your query, its the original text from the mudtrooper version of the E10. The webbig is mounted to the blaster on the left side with snap hooks.  I believe we left it intentionally vague on the Mudtrooper-its been a long time since we worked on that, but the lighting was terrible in most of the the finished shots. 

here is a clear shot of it. it looks like a single point sling attached aft of the reciever, in the stock mid -span  with one strap going to a single hook. 

I also see there is a short picatinny rail on the left side where the flashlight would mount. 

GLazJXI.jpg

qPmk4sq.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
15 hours ago, Detaleader said:

Just to make sure: Do all the E-10.5 have a sling on there? 

Do we have any photo reference of any without slings? 

Just want to make sure before we make that a "mandatory" detail on there :)

From what I recall all E10.5 style rifles had slings. Other firearms and accessories that not everyone had on their person will be the blaster pistol and the holster for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If its in the photos of the uniforms were writing the CRLs for, it needs to be included, even if it is an option. If it isnt, we will be right back here in 3 or four months with someone asking why it wasnt covered in the first place, and wanting to know the reason we decided to ignore it.   Same goes for things like the chincups, which were breaking and falling off on-set. 

• Like 1

Is this a resource we trust, as canon? My only issue with any wiki is that its crowd edited. 

Lets have a look at this:

Blaster

Change Log 1.2.1

E-10.5  Blaster
Magazine is extended length. Magazine may be fitted with red lights which illuminate through the grill.
Power cylinder is larger with 2 outer cylinders and 2 smaller central cylinders.

There is a short accessory mount rail on the left side of the blaster in front of the power cylinders. 
Scope rail is fitted on a rear block while the front of the rail is angled to join the top of the barrel.   
A webbing sling  attached to the rear stock with snap hook buckles is permitted. 

Screws used are M4 x 25mm Allen screw/bolts and sunken Allen screws for power cylinders.
Web sling is fitted with 1" (25mm) 316 stainless steel marine webbing snap hooks.

49 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

Is this a resource we trust, as canon? My only issue with any wiki is that its crowd edited. 

Well, the original canon source is here. "The Eye" Trivia Gallery | Andor | StarWars.com

They say this : 

The Aldhani garrison troopers use a variation of the standard E-11 infantry blaster that has a longer barrel and a longer stock. It's based on the E-10 rifles seen in Solo: A Star Wars Story, but is a step closer to the later E-11, making it a sort of E-10.5 rifle.

They do not say its name is "E-10.5". But I guess at the moment it's the closest thing we have.

1 hour ago, Vanedor said:

Well, the original canon source is here. "The Eye" Trivia Gallery | Andor | StarWars.com

They say this : 

They do not say its name is "E-10.5". But I guess at the moment it's the closest thing we have.

I agree, it beats just "Imperial Blaster" or "Aldhani Trooper Blaster". Worst case, if there ever should be a more updated source, the name can be swapped. 

Like E-10B, E-11L, feel just as viable, but imo the only official name we have thus far is "E-10.5" 

2 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

Blaster

Change Log 1.2

E-10 Blaster

There is a short accessory mount rail on the left side of the blaster in front of the power cylinders. 
Scope rail is fitted on a rear block while the front of the rail is angled to join the top of the barrel.   
A webbing sling  attached to the rear stock with snap hook buckles is permitted. 

I much prefer the wording on this! Leaves some flexibility and imo looks good to go.