CRL Development - Imperial Army Sapper (Complete)

ahh OK. ive got some work to do today on figuring out how to attach my explosive to the backpack, and I want to get some more work done on the Army trooper.  Im getting close on that one.  I spent my money on this paycheck, so the boots are going to have to wait until next paycheck. 

Sapper Patches have been attached to the Coveralls. I added a little space between the tab and the IA patch to match the art .
4VeaCKq.jpg

dP8ekUx.jpg

Ill try and get into full kit this week to show the updates to the costume . 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well it’s been awhile since anyone has posted anything here so I finally have some Updates on my build :

Sapper Patches have  been to the jumpsuit and look great , thank you @Blackwatch

UrevMqq.jpg

Sxvi74c.jpg

REkdrdB.jpg

ktfZ8F3.jpg

Sapper Pack is currently in the production phase at Crookknights, hopefully completed by the end of the month .

• Like 1

man that rocks.  One thing--I had to trim some off my helmet skirt, but mine flares back more than yours does.  It was hitting my pack frame and driving me nuts so I took off half an inch, moved the pack some and it helped a lot. 

Note_ the gloves I got that Sebastion recommended got ditched this weekend. Every time I wear them my thumb gets sliced as if something is inside the glove.  Im going to be going for the gloves you found with the padding on the back of the glove. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well having trooped in my Sapper costume last weekend i actually had to make a few adjustments due to weight loss . Before my pouches had large spaces in between them as the belt had to accommodate my gut , now there is no space between them and the look more accurate to the comic book depictions . 

No updates on the pack , I’m getting a little annoyed as the finish date always seems to move farther away each time . 

I have run into that issue many times over the years.   Finally i had to get my money back on the helmet and take matters into my own hands.  It was always " I'll start yours in about two weeks" .  

Parts have been made . It’s somewhere in between , parts are being made and nearly complete . I’ve got everything ready on my end to have photos daft when the pack does arrive but I’m guessing delivery won’t be done until after the holidays .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, TX-15293 said:

Parts have been made . It’s somewhere in between , parts are being made and nearly complete . I’ve got everything ready on my end to have photos daft when the pack does arrive but I’m guessing delivery won’t be done until after the holidays .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully soon!  Congrats on the weight loss.  Give me your secrets lol!

But yes...keep keeping us updated.

On 12/13/2018 at 7:37 AM, Raider said:

Hopefully soon!  Congrats on the weight loss.  Give me your secrets lol!

But yes...keep keeping us updated.

It was the perfect combo of eating healthy , exercise and being diagnosed as a diabetic and having pneumonia for a month , wouldn’t personally recommend this method. I’ll get photos of the adjustments soon . 

As for the pack , apparently Crookknights was shut down for a little while due to weather . I’m gonna probably message them this weekend . 

• Like 1

Finally got an update on the pack . It’s currently being finished up and will hopefully shipped in early January . If all goes well I’ll be able to get pictures ready pretty quickly and we can get everything wrapped up soon after .

• Like 1

Awesome!!

Sorry I have not been around to comment lately. I got sent on a no-notice road trip to work on 3 airplanes in Chicago and I just got back yesterday at noon.   Working 16 hour shifts takes it out of ya!

Do you plan on using the bottom explosive charge?  I like my back porch but wonder if the bottom back pouch will collide with the bottom explosive.

On 12/27/2018 at 6:42 PM, TX-15293 said:

Not the greatest photos . You can see that all the pouches are now right up against each other without space in between just like the comic . G6cKdrV.jpg

IIPw45q.jpg

W9AwMzp.jpg

h4oBCaH.jpg

I am really liking this build!  I have been silent too long, so I figured it was time to speak up!

• Like 1

@Toda Awesome!  These guys have worked hard to comb through the details of our references to get this right. Anxiously awaiting that pack to finish it up!

Theres several makers including MonCal, Tambo and we made our own mold for laying up fiberglass. I THINK  either Pilotbay Gary Howe or DH-P F/ X makes them.  

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 1:15 PM, TX-15293 said:

Just curious when the CRL is submitted will the name be changed to Imperial Army Sapper or will it be submitted as Imperial Army Combat Engineer 

Yes I think that's the consensus moving fwd.

Ok--back from Chicago again.   This back and forth  zero-notice-go-home-and-pack-for-a-week carp is getting old. But now Im back---but Im washing all my clothes and repacking my GO bag in case I get sent out again this week.  

I would like to change the title of this discussion to "sapper" going forward.   I am anxious to see how the pack looks as well.  Im continuing to do events in my Engineer as Im able.