CRL Development - Imperial Army Sapper (Complete)

@TX-15293 I'd hate to see that happen.  We (mostly you guys) worked hard on this.  Don't get frustrated (too much)…was he printing from a 3d file or something?  Any other options that can be explored?

i worked from the plans that were posted early on for the backpack, and I used sintra. However its not 100% done yet and I had not finalized my explosive layout. The pack , boxes shovel and two explosives are done (to a point) however I think Im going to run itno a problem with the lower explosive hitting the back pouch on the belt.  Thats why I really wanted to hold off before I posted much outside my own buid thread, to see how the crookknight had been buit and how it handled certain things. 

I do know this--when you ask for a refund it gets their attention! 

I’d hate for this to go the way of my Sunber build , just got stalled and I lost interest. I’ll be talking with Crookknights this week . Hopefully he listens . 

I talked with Crookknights and the pack will be done and delivered before the end of February. 

Thats great news man. Persevere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is weird that he was hard to communicate. I have a heavy weapons trooper pack from him and he pretty much met it on time, he is a great guy. Mine got lost temporarily when he moved but things happen. Hopefully it shows up in the next few weeks! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IcyTrooper said:

That is weird that he was hard to communicate. I have a heavy weapons trooper pack from him and he pretty much met it on time, he is a great guy. Mine got lost temporarily when he moved but things happen. Hopefully it shows up in the next few weeks! 

After talking with him he admitted he probably took on too many projects . It’s just him doing it and he got overwhelmed, which I understand. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Neal i am realy glad that this is going to work out.  I really want to see this move forward.  i tried to do this years ago, on my own, but it ddnt pan out.  I want this to ROCk.  I want to see the Sapper become the next Sandtrooper.  I am really looking forward to seeing the pack, to guide my own build, and we will get this done and approved. 

THEN we will turn our attention back to Sunber because right now, that topic is heating back up! 

Im noting a tubulr frame like he uses on his sandtrooper packs. That was a question raised early on, and we will need to revisit it. 

When I started my pack it was built without a frame using just 6MM sintra.  This is something we can revisit.  

Would it be something that should be changed on the pack ? . He said the frame would be the best structurally . Honestly I’m just happy that progress is being made .

Not knowing how his pack is made, I dont know.  My 6mm sintra is tough as all get out. I just finished another full armor costume made out of it yesterday.  Its TOUGH. but I dont know how his is made.  

I just looked at our reference photos and a frame is not seen there.  BUT-as we have learned in other discussions in the Army subtropics just because you do not see it, does not mean it is not present. 

Ask him what his base material is, and how strong the pack would be without the frame.  if the frame IS required, then the CK pack requires a frame.  Lets find out for sure first before we proceed. 

And Im glad hes making progress on it too cause I want to rock this thing once yours is approved. 

The frame is covered with an sheet and the frame doesn’t extend out enough to be super noticeable. I’m hoping it’ll be ok for the CRL . I’d hate to ask him to rebuild it .

• Like 1

Yes the frame we discussed...what about some bondo to level the edges off and "hide" the frame?  An idea if having him readjust the design is asking too much.

And if he can't, I'm sure you can figure out a way.  We can look back through the refs again and see if we missed something on the frame issue as well.

And we could decide Level 1 vs. Level 2 as well...frame / no frame...if it comes to that discussion.

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Raider said:

And if he can't, I'm sure you can figure out a way.  We can look back through the refs again and see if we missed something on the frame issue as well.

And we could decide Level 1 vs. Level 2 as well...frame / no frame...if it comes to that discussion.

I had this though as well. If I had the pack here I would cover the frame with 3MM sintra and repaint. Looks like satin canyon black Rustoleum2X I use TONS of that paint. 

I have also considered the frame/ no frame option for Levels.  The simple fact is, while I tend to make almost everything , most people are going to order the pack and the pack is going to be built the way the pack is going to be built. 

• Like 1

Once i have the pack in hand this weekend and after trooping I plan to make a few adjustments. Also when all the accessories, like the side pouch, are added it’ll cover the sides and hide the frame .

2d698605d7f005f0ed26d6467d9770c1.jpg

• Like 3