CRL Development - Imperial Army Sapper (Complete)

Neal is the top edge of the pouch on the top edge of the belt or below it?  My bottom charge is colliding with the pouch.  

On 10/23/2018 at 11:44 PM, Blackwatch said:

In this second post, Ill turn attention to the explosives.  
uSNKcEC.jpg&key=78f78f3ed9cbf99fe90a5737f9f71aff6130cec2325258ac118e7b8ea59e8891 
TYPE B charge on top of pack ,Type D charge on bottom. 
kpDAP1p.jpg&key=383da17e889a7c6fdfab64e2c9332d03e0b08a764f5a714885d29e666ab93b14 
TYPE A on top of the left TYPE B  on top of the right.  Type E charges seen on right pack.
xOvzr9b.jpg&key=240c64bbf036f444e0de0c734fcdecf3ee0204d2c45ab8b246a9a2006ee1c89cTwo type A charges. 
this part is kind of dislocated, but mentions that two types of charges can be mounted to the top.  A or B.  There will always, in all circumstances, be a charge on top. 

Two different types may be mounted to the top of the boxes. The charge mounted to the sides may be mounted to the left or right of the pack. A different charge is mounted to the bottom of the pack. 

All demolition charges and mounting straps are painted matching grey. Primer grey   BLACK is acceptable. Webbing or other means of representing the mounting straps will closely match the charge color. 

No color "warning" stripes or LEDs are permitted on the charges or pack.

here is the proposal, so you can compare to the items posted above:

Explosive Charges 

TYPE A  This demolition charge is mounted to the top of the pack, and is roughly 4"- 4 ½" diameter with slightly larger end caps and is as wide as the backpack boxes.   Both end caps feature 1" wide "coin slots" matching the diameter of the tube. Two mounting straps made of textile, plastic or other material are present on this charge. 

TYPE B  This is the second charge type seen on top of the backpack.  It is roughly 3.5"- 3.75"  diameter and longer than the pack is  wide.   The beveled ends feature a depressed area with a slightly raised lip, and  have 1" wide "coin slots" matching the diameter of the tube. Two mounting straps made of textile, plastic or other material are present on this charge.

TYPE C  This charge has flattened end caps slightly wider than the charge itself may be mounted  to the right or left side of the pack. One Inch wide "Coin slots " are present on the end caps.

TYPE D  This demolition charge may be mounted to the bottom of the pack. It is almost as wide as the pack boxes and features rounded end caps with a flat spot / depression at the ends of the caps.  

TYPE E . These small demolition charges may be present horizontally along the bottom pack boxes below the shovel if mounted. These four charges are roughly the size of a can of soda, with a 2"-2.5" band around middle. There is an indented ring approximately 3/8"  below the top of the charge. The bottom of the charge is flat, the top is a dome and features a raised disc at the top of the dome. It is  permissible to use 2"-2 ½"  webbing closely matching  the color of the charges for the band to hold the charges together in a group.

For Basic  Approval 

Basic four block backpack, with either TYPE A or TYPE B explosive Charge mounted on top of the boxes. 

Choose 1 of these options:  Shovel  OR  Right side Charge OR Type E Charge string.  

For level two certification (if applicable):

• Backpack may have a hidden frame and appears to be an angled plate snug to the wearers back.  
  • Backpack shoulder straps should appear to be 2-part adjustable consisting of webbing with a chevron shaped top strap.   A 1" "adjustment" strap passes over the shoulder , then goes into a hole in the strap, passes underneath the 2" strap  and then exits the strap just above the chevron point . The 1" strap shall have a nylon "keeper" mounted  below the point of the chevron.  The adjustments need not be functional but should match source art.

• Level 2 Pack Option 1 
  • Basic backpack outlined above with Type B, type D explosive charges, long pouch on right side of pack and shovel. 

• Level 2 Pack  Option 2
  • Basic backpack outlined above with Type A charge on top, Type C on the left side, long black pouch on the right side and  type E on the back of the pack. 

Neal I looked over the panels again, I may be missing one you are seeing.  The other panels are either partial from the front or side, so we really cant see whats on the pack. 

As they are climbing into the canyon viewed from behind I see (Leader) Type A  Type C (left) Pouch (right) and type E . no shovel on this one hes probably got it in his hands.  The follower is set up with a Type B and D top and bottom with a pouch on the right and shovel. Ive added the proposed parts in green above. 

The basic loadout requirment is for the pack, the A or B top charge, and either a shovel, E charge or C charge on the side. 

In one panel I see a B / E / Shovel, and   A / shovel.  The rest in that panel is conjecture. 

Bringing this down here since we are about to go back in on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After CRL team discussion about the colors represented on the pack, I will be changing the explosive colors to "black" in all cases.  After further discussion we will include the pack frame as an L1 Option, with a frameless pack as an L2 option. 

SO-please disregard the text above which states "primer grey". The first page CRL proposal is updated. 

• Like 1

In my opinion the  Level 1 requirements should allow a VISIBLE frame where as the level 2 option should have the option for a hidden frame. It gives the opportunity for people to make the necessary changes in order to get level 2 Approval without having to completely redo their packs .

• Like 2
6 hours ago, TX-15293 said:

In my opinion the  Level 1 requirements should allow a VISIBLE frame where as the level 2 option should have the option for a hidden frame. It gives the opportunity for people to make the necessary changes in order to get level 2 Approval without having to completely redo their packs .

I agree with that.

First page proposal updated to include L1 with a discreet frame and L2 with a hidden frame.  That moves us out of using old ALiCE backpack frames. Neals pack has a discreet frame, it's there but you don't really notice it. 

• Like 1

first page updated to include goggle text which was missing previously

I am unable to edit the size of the word "goggle" becasue Im not getting the full editor, just the in line editor. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Blackwatch said:

first page updated to include goggle text which was missing previously

I am unable to edit the size of the word "goggle" becasue Im not getting the full editor, just the in line editor. 

Fixed

The pack turned out great.  I will come up with a version that meets L2 and does not show the frame.  Pretty much that will involve a Vacuum Formed version with all 4 boxes and the backplate done in one ABS pull.  It will take a couple of tries, but i should be able to get a good mold that will allow for that.

BTW, I am Crookknight with Crookknight's Imperial Trooper Packs.  We worked with Neal on design and production of this pack.

• Like 3

The pack is, for a lack of a better term, gorgeous.  Im really impressed by how well it looks.  Im looking forward to the L2 as well, this is so cool! Thanks for the work you put into this, its paying off!

• Like 2
The pack is, for a lack of a better term, gorgeous.  Im really impressed by how well it looks.  Im looking forward to the L2 as well, this is so cool! Thanks for the work you put into this, its paying off!

Thank you very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is our current status:

1) We are moving to propose one pack option (the one worn by @TX-15293 as the initial pack) and will work towards adding additional pack options/accessories via update when those pieces are available for pictures.

2) Neal has been asked (by me) to cleanup the shovel and detonator end caps 3D print lines.  Then, retake the pack pictures.

3) All other pictures have been submitted and are being edited by @rickyboyblue.

So with that.. @Tarrif @TX-15293 @Blackwatch and myself need to do a final reference to text check on the other pieces (they should be good but one last look) so that all that is left to do is get Neal's updated pack pictures once he does the cleanups to the 3D printed parts.

@Blackwatch can you please make an adjustment to the CRL reflecting the proposal regarding the pack and pack accessories for the initial submission when you have a moment please?

EDIT: We can update the pack pictures as well when the frameless version by @CrookKnight is available.

• Like 1

absolutely, and Im glad to see the motion to go with what we curently have.  Things happen, and props arent cheap, but this gets us started.  I will do that in the morning when Im fresh and rested so I dont miss (or delete!) anything.   

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody after looking at thanks thing for what a year now, and struggling with my pack issue where the lower explosive charge collides with the back pouch on the Belt I looked at the artwork again and I see that the pouch is present when the for explosive charges are on the backpack but I do not see evidence of the pouch when the lower cylindrical charge is mounted to the bottom of the pack. Neil was able to get his pack on with his ex plosive and pouch.  

Should we make the back pouch optional if the explosive is used at the bottom of the pack?

Just went pack and checked and your right . No lower pouch . I’d say just have it as optional. New photos of the pack and individual parts have been taken as well as full costume photos . Hopefully everything will be finished before Celebration but either way I’ll be showing it off there