Purge Trooper (Phase II) - Kenobi - Discussion

1 minute ago, Equuspolo said:

All the lights were red.  No amber or yellow to them at all.  Red lights 

wow really? none of us would have ever guessed that. so the double stacked led in the ear caps were both red? from the screenshots everyone thought that the top led in the ear cap was a different color. This is why its great to have you here helping!

So I just asked phong and Justin and let me see what they say but I don’t remember any yellow lights on them at all.  Videos I have, you can’t tell because the red lights always look red with a yellow center .  So to be sure I just asked 

1 hour ago, Equuspolo said:

So I just asked phong and Justin and let me see what they say but I don’t remember any yellow lights on them at all.  Videos I have, you can’t tell because the red lights always look red with a yellow center .  So to be sure I just asked 

Just to be clear, we're talking about the two lights on the side of the helmet you can see below:

Purge Trooper - Phase II - Screen Capture - 00031.png

On screen it looked like it was red at the bottom, white on the top. However we were told by people on set the top one was more of an orange/yellow. Are you saying that they were both red?

31 minutes ago, tipperaryred said:

Just to be clear, we're talking about the two lights on the side of the helmet you can see below:

Purge Trooper - Phase II - Screen Capture - 00031.png

On screen it looked like it was red at the bottom, white on the top. However we were told by people on set the top one was more of an orange/yellow. Are you saying that they were both red?

Correct.  I misunderstood and I just asked. 

2 hours ago, Equuspolo said:

Correct.  I misunderstood and I just asked. 

Ok thanks, we shall wait to hear. Certainly on screen they looked like different colours from every angle and under all lighting conditions, so it's important to get that cleared up.

Regarding the rest of the draft helmet CRL, is everyone now in agreement with all the other parts aside from LED colours?

54 minutes ago, tipperaryred said:

Ok thanks, we shall wait to hear. Certainly on screen they looked like different colours from every angle and under all lighting conditions, so it's important to get that cleared up.

Regarding the rest of the draft helmet CRL, is everyone now in agreement with all the other parts aside from LED colours?

We still need to talk about the little rectangular piece above the visor, in the middle of the brow line. I’ve modeled up a 3-D model of what it looks like and I’ll send it over because it’s sort of hard to see in reference pics but I’ll do my best to find some that are clear.  but I’ll send some more info when I get a chance I’m driving currently

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, tipperaryred said:

11 minutes ago, Kenyon said:

Here is the Flickr album with all the brow piece pictures. I also made a rough model that is no where near done, but just to outline the piece sorta.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjAJAja

Your rough shape there is exactly what I am seeing in the reference shots too.  Once it's stretched out a bit and the gaps filled in, I think you'll have it perfect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, Equuspolo said:

So I just got a response from both of them and just ad I remember d even they don’t remember any lights other than red.  

Thanks Ardeshir for reaching out to them.  Unfortunately we do now have a difference between the on screen images and the on set recollections.  Every time the helmet appears on screen in Kenobi, the top LED is noticeably lighter than the bottom one:

image.thumb.png.ee6c1a3fc17608840239d47ac8680eb5.png

Craig also remembered clearly on set that one of the LEDs was an orange/yellow colour while the other was red.

From your memory, was there no difference at all between the top and bottom LEDs?  If so is there any chance of finding any photos or screens to support this?  As a general rule with CRLs, the on screen images have to be the number one resource that we use, so it would be very difficult to overrule what appears on the final reel without some clear supporting evidence.

• Like 2

I love the discussion and welcome to the fray, our new conversation starters!

Please make sure that we are utilizing what is on screen for the purposes of the CRL. CRLs are cross checked for visual references when it comes to building the CRLs. We definitely love to have on set experience to help guide the discussion, but the CRL will be a visual representation of what is actually seen by the viewer. L1 should allow for global flexibility of building with respect to material, while still maintaining consistency amongst all for accurate representation of the costume.

• Thanks 2
25 minutes ago, tipperaryred said:

Thanks Ardeshir for reaching out to them.  Unfortunately we do now have a difference between the on screen images and the on set recollections.  Every time the helmet appears on screen in Kenobi, the top LED is noticeably lighter than the bottom one:

Craig also remembered clearly on set that one of the LEDs was an orange/yellow colour while the other was red.

From your memory, was there no difference at all between the top and bottom LEDs?  If so is there any chance of finding any photos or screens to support this?  As a general rule with CRLs, the on screen images have to be the number one resource that we use, so it would be very difficult to overrule what appears on the final reel without some clear supporting evidence.

Totally agree and understand.  I’m going through all the images and asking the guys as well.  Ofcourse I need to be careful with what I acquire and post hahaha. When I had it in for the fitting the lights were not on.  And none of us remember a yellow light.  But also I wasn’t looking for it.  Also when I take pics of my red led on my blasters, it’s very difficult to make rhe red look red because the center always looks yellow.  But this is clearly not the case 

• Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, tipperaryred said:

Totally agree and understand.  I’m going through all the images and asking the guys as well.  Ofcourse I need to be careful with what I acquire and post hahaha. When I had it in for the fitting the lights were not on.  And none of us remember a yellow light.  But also I wasn’t looking for it.  Also when I take pics of my red led on my blasters, it’s very difficult to make rhe red look red because the center always looks yellow.  But this is clearly not the case 

So it’s funny I’m getting a pic from him now and he is stating that he and Justin only remember the red lights but clearly in the pic there is a white light.  Not amber light.  So I’m asking him about that 

• Thanks 1

So what is funny is he just sent me the pic and he is saying the only lights were red but we clearly see a white light not amber.  Amber may be just the set ambient lighting that makes the white look that color.  But he just said no, only red.  So I’m asking him about it now 

• Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, Equuspolo said:

I don’t want these shared outside of this forum.  This is for us only. 

6FCDD14A-CC42-42D4-A9FB-7CCB6B70C2DE.jpeg

Hey @Equuspolo

so off topic a little bit but still on the guidelines of the helmet. In some pics the silver on the helmet looks matte and it other gloss. Would you say it was matte silver or more alumaluster silver like?

35 minutes ago, Equuspolo said:

So it’s funny I’m getting a pic from him now and he is stating that he and Justin only remember the red lights but clearly in the pic there is a white light.  Not amber light.  So I’m asking him about that 

Thanks a million mate.  But yes, last thing we want is any of you guys getting in difficulty, so please don't feel under pressure.  If need be we can just go with what appears on screen.  I'm sure there's plenty more aspects of the costume that you guys can help with that don't risk putting you on the Mouse's bad side!

• Like 1