Imperial Security Trooper - Andor - CRL Discussion

I see it, not sure that I want to write that into the CRL tho. Ive seen times where a GML will reject based on the smallest detail, and I dont want to create that avenue.  If a person wants to add that based on the evidence they can

Helmet proposal V.1.4

Helmet

An open-faced, flared helmet which consists of a dome with rim and helmet skirt.
A telemetry unit is attached to the right side of the dome and is aligned with the rim.
The telemetry unit consists of a rectangle box with detailing that should match the reference image. The telemetry unit is black.
The lower end of the telemetry unit sits out from the helmet to allow the goggle elastic to feed underneath.
A  raised lip covers the edge of the helmet rim.  The lip may be either molded in place, or added as a black trim. Trim shall not exceed 3/8" (10mm"
Metal/silver Imperial code disks are positioned on both sides of the helmet skirt.
The helmet is to be painted black to match the armor.
The helmet may feature has a black chin cup with grey webbing strap.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

The trim on the helmet rim is a black trim added to the helmet.                                              
The helmet has a webbing style head suspension similar to work hard hats.  layered foam lining the inside.   3 inch (76.5mm) web suspension with foam around the perimeter. 
Imperial Code Disks do not feature a notch or groove details.
Goggles and strap may be permanently mounted to the helmet, with the telemetry unit mounted directly atop the goggle strap.                                                                                                                     The chin cup is similar to a Rawlings athletic chin cup.

• Like 1

reminds me of whats in old snakebite kits. 

Lets wrap this up and move on. 

Helmet proposal V.1.4 (FINAL)

Helmet

An open-faced, flared helmet which consists of a dome with rim and helmet skirt.
A telemetry unit is attached to the right side of the dome and is aligned with the rim.
The telemetry unit consists of a rectangle box with detailing that should match the reference image. The telemetry unit is black.
The lower end of the telemetry unit sits out from the helmet to allow the goggle elastic to feed underneath.
A  raised lip covers the edge of the helmet rim.  The lip may be either molded in place, or added as a black trim. Trim shall not exceed 3/8" (10mm"
Metal/silver Imperial code disks are positioned on both sides of the helmet skirt.
The helmet has a black chin cup with grey webbing strap.

The helmet has a 3 inch (76.5mm) web suspension with foam around the perimeter. 
Goggles and strap may be permanently mounted to the helmet, with the telemetry unit mounted directly atop the goggle strap.                                                                                                                    The chin cup is similar to a Rawlings athletic chin cup.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Not wanting to beat a dead horse, and I know we want to move on, after reviewing footage from Rix Road, pausing, observing etc... I have come to believe that those helmets use the inner part of a bicycle helmet with foam laid in a cross pattern for comfort.  Not a huge thing, and we can discuss later if wanting to move on to the goggles since we've been on the helmet for a while.

we have discussed the helmet interior extensively and know that there are two linings, one webbing and one foam around the perimeter for the guys taking the falls.  l

Helmet proposal V.1.4.1

Helmet

The helmet has a black chin cup with grey webbing strap. The strap has a snap connecting to a shorter segment mounted to the left side of the helmet. 

The helmet has a 3 inch (76.5mm) web suspension with foam around the perimeter. 
Goggles and strap may be permanently mounted to the helmet, with the telemetry unit mounted directly atop the goggle strap.                                                                                                                    The chin cup is similar to a Rawlings athletic chin cup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have posted the final text of the Security Trooper helmet to the first page. 

Lets take a look at the goggles.  We know the tinted lens is green or dark green, it seems to shift around. It may also come down to whether the helmet was a stunt helmet, a closeup character helmet, or background character. 

Goggles 

• Goggles shall have an aged chrome or silver frame with detail painting and weathering to match reference image. 
  • Goggles shall have a trim around metallic frame. Trim shall be rubber or foam.
  • Goggles have a green tinted lens featuring two flat panels on each side.
  • Goggle Strap features two sizes of elastic. The thinner elastic strap attaches directly to the goggles and is sewn to the larger strap, which forms the main goggle strap.
  • The goggle strap features a number of buckles:
  • There are metallic buckles on each side of the goggles through which the 1" (25.4mm) elastic is threaded.
  • A large buckle greeblie on the back side through which the 1.5" (40mm) elastic is threaded. This greeblie features a square inset into the buckle matching the helmet color.
  • Goggles are worn just above the brim of the helmet.

• Serrated 1" (25mm) slide buckles on each side of the goggles through which the 1" (25mm) elastic is threaded.
  • Goggle straps are approximately 1" (25mm) and 1.5" (40mm).
  • 1” (25mm) webbing should be used to attach serrated buckle to goggles.
  • Goggles and strap are permanently mounted to the helmet.
  • Goggle strap has the Telemetry Unit mounted directly to it on the right side of the helmet. 
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recommendations:

Goggles do not look aged or weathered.  They look pretty clean.  Perhaps subtle weathering.  They almost look painted in Alumaluster.

The side buckle I previously identified and posted is ornamental only serving no functional purpose. It is plated silver.

There is no webbing.  There are only the two sizes of elastic, with the smaller attaching directly to the goggles.  

Optional - There are two 1.5  triglides on the back right side next to the big buckle (seen on only a few on screen).

Permanent mounting of goggles is optional.  

I’d say direct attachment to telemetry unit is optional.  In enough images it appears to just fit under the lower side of the unit.

Optional?  EVA foam lines the underside of the goggles and the elastic connects directly to the foam (seen in photos).

That’s all I’ve got for now. 

Understanding there may be stunt v. Hero buckets, I am only going off what I see on screen and documented in photos making no asssumptions. 

Subtle weathering, if present at all, would be t match the ref images and we will have plenty posted to our Galleries once they are built.  We discussed the mount of the TU and how the strap feeds under it on the Aldhani version and by the way the strap was being yanked on those helmets it goes under the TU. 

Goggles 

• Goggles shall have an aged chrome or silver frame with detail painting and weathering to match reference image. 
  • Goggles shall have a trim around metallic frame. Trim shall be rubber or foam.
  • The Goggle strap mounts directly to the rubber or foam trim
  • Goggles have a green tinted lens featuring two flat panels on each side.
  • Goggle Strap features two sizes of elastic. The thinner elastic strap attaches directly to the goggles and is sewn to the larger strap, which forms the main goggle strap.
  • The goggle strap features a number of buckles:
  • There are metallic buckles on each side of the goggles through which the 1" (25.4mm) elastic is threaded.
  • A large buckle greeblie on the back side through which the 1.5" (40mm) elastic is threaded. This greeblie features a square inset into the buckle matching the helmet color.
  • A black 1.5" (40mm) triglide is permitted on the right side of the buckle at the rear of the helmet. 
  • Goggles are worn just above the brim of the helmet.

• Serrated 1" (25mm) silver slide buckles on each side of the goggles through which the 1" (25mm) elastic is threaded.
  • Goggle straps are approximately 1" (25mm) and 1.5" (40mm).
  • 1” (25mm) webbing elastic is should be used to attach serrated buckle to goggles.
  • Goggles and strap are permanently mounted to the helmet.
  • Goggle strap has the Telemetry Unit mounted directly to it on the right side of the helmet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Optional for this part?  The Rubber or foam trim around the metallic frame may have (approx) quarter inch EVA foam lining underneath.

I think there is enough photographic evidence at this point to make this either optional or L2.  I added it on mine and it does aide in helping the goggles, etc.

Your call of course.  Everything else looks good.

Ive been gone a week and just now getting back. 

I feel the CRL proposal is fine, I have always felt (and found) that when we start deep diving into details that are not outwardly visible, we set ourselves up for failure down the road. We also create a scenario just like we had the day the Aldhani CRL was published where there was a call for a rewrite. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

Ive been gone a week and just now getting back. 

I feel the CRL proposal is fine, I have always felt (and found) that when we start deep diving into details that are not outwardly visible, we set ourselves up for failure down the road. We also create a scenario just like we had the day the Aldhani CRL was published where there was a call for a rewrite. 

Works for me then.  With that being said, I think the goggles are good to go then.

• Like 1

Ive been unavailable for several days, real life conseuences of being the only person in my Station to do the work. 

Back to it now, and I agree, lets finish the goggle and move on. 

• Like 2

Hat Text 

Version 1.0, taken directly from the Imperial Arm Trooper-Andor trooper (Green).

Hat
  • Fabric matches the tunic and pants.
  • Base of the hat is conical, with a crown about 4" (101.6mm) tall.
  • Front and rear “flaps” overlap on the sides and are about 4" (101.6mm) high.
  • Front bill extends 3" (76mm) down, decorated with (5), (6), (7) or (8) concentric stitches.
  • An Imperial Code Disk is positioned in the center of the front vertical “flap”.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
  • Disks do not feature a notch or groove details.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back from an extended weekend, lets clear and lock and move on. 

I want to run tunic and pants concurrently since they are the same fabric and color, but they will landin the  CRL in the correct order, just as the Andor Army Trooper is. 

Proposal:

V 1.0

New text in green, altered text in amber and removed text in red strikethrough

Question for discussion: Do we ever see the fabric rank bars as seen on the green Army troopers? 

Tunic

A long-sleeved, olive green black jacket that falls just to mid-thigh, with no visible zippers or buttons.

Fabric has a denim textured material with a visible weave.

Has a high mandarin style collar with a left over right closure that rises from the front of the tunic.

The front closure overlaps left over right and rises from the hem at the bottom of the tunic to the top of the collar.

Four rectangular pockets are present on the jacket front, covered by large flapped closures. Lower pockets are larger than the ones on the upper chest. Lower pocket seams rest on the same seam as the end of the tunic

The rear of the jacket has a horizontal seam present near the upper back. Two vertical seams start below the horizontal upper back seam moving down the bottom of the jacket.

Two black tunic hooks to hold the belt in place are permitted. If used, the hooks will pass from the inside of the tunic to the outside through holes on either side of the tunic at the hip. The belt covers the holes.

One pocket is present on each arm of the jacket, each covered by large flapped closures.

The top of the arm pocket flaps are in line with the top edge of the chest pockets.

Above the left arm pocket flap, up to 2 black fabric rank bars may be present.

Cuffs on the sleeves are about mid-distance to the elbow. The material folds back on itself to form the cuff.

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):

If left arm rank bars are present, the black fabric should be similar to duvetyn type of fabric and will have 3 equidistant horizontal stitch lines through each rank bar.

The front jacket flap will have rectangular stitch marks with a stitched X inside where the Velcro is attached to keep the flap closed.

Trousers

Olive green  black pants matching the tunic and hat.

Fabric is a denim textured material with a visible weave.

There are no visible pockets.

Trousers feature a long reinforcement panel on the front of the leg from mid-thigh to below the knee. This panel is double row stitched. It does not extend to the side seams of the trouser leg.

Lower pocket seams rest on the same seam as the end of the tunic

This appears to be incorrect.  I know this is what it was for Aldhani, but these two photos show the outline of the pockets 2-3 inches from the end of the tunic quite clearly.  I assume they used the same uniforms (other than color) for Ferrix.

pockets2.png

pockets.png

We determined that the pocket does actually fall to the bottom , you can also see the side seam where it falls to the bottom of the coat hem.  it was originally believed that it stopped short. 

It almost appears to me that there is something inside the pocket making it shove out, it clearly makes a shadow cast over the rest of the pocket. Maybe there is a piece of foam or something glued in there.  It clearly follows the contour of the bottom edge of whatever is in there.