Imperial Army Trooper - Andor - CRL Discussion

Hey sorry for the delay.

My understanding from viewing the armour was it was 3d printed and then cast from the prints. Inside the chest piece there was 3d print lines and they didn't run all in the same direction ie different pieces then assembled together. 

The belt box I have definitely still has some unsanded print lines but it's been cast.  

Quite possibly that not all the helmets have texture but some do and I happened to have one that was smooth. I think they has to make replacements etc by the time they got to aldhani scenes just from what they said about broken shins etc

For the colours of the outfits, someone said they were trying to match to our suits, just bare in mind we were pretty soaked through by that point so they were meant to be a lighter colour, probably why it varies so much (lovely aldhani weather)

I've dyed mine dylon olive for now. Just received my casting materials and gonna try to start on the belt boxes before celebration 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Just now, fb501 said:

Hey sorry for the delay.

My understanding from viewing the armour was it was 3d printed and then cast from the prints. Inside the chest piece there was 3d print lines and they didn't run all in the same direction ie different pieces then assembled together. 

The belt box I have definitely still has some unsanded print lines but it's been cast.  

Quite possibly that not all the helmets have texture but some do and I happened to have one that was smooth. I think they has to make replacements etc by the time they got to aldhani scenes just from what they said about broken shins etc

For the colours of the outfits, someone said they were trying to match to our suits, just bare in mind we were pretty soaked through by that point so they were meant to be a lighter colour, probably why it varies so much (lovely aldhani weather)

I've dyed mine dylon olive for now. Just received my casting materials and gonna try to start on the belt boxes before celebration 

Awesome! Thank you for the great update. I hope to run into you (with my hopefully done by then Aldhani Trooper) at Celebration :)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Detaleader said:

Awesome! Thank you for the great update. I hope to run into you (with my hopefully done by then Aldhani Trooper) at Celebration :)

I should be there with the mando mercs. My trooper just needs belt boxes for the soft parts version, armour may be a while away so hoping we can clear the soft parts only version!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
19 hours ago, Detaleader said:

Ordered one of those Racal Headsets for Kimzi to see what I can cook up with it. I'll keep you posted. 

Excellent! At the least, the mic boom matches; so that’s got to at least be the correct brand. 

If you find that it might be a workable option, and you’re willing; I’d be interested to see if I could perhaps pay for you to grab me one that I could reimburse you for at SWCE. It seems like that seller will only ship these to the UK. 

• Like 1

those are fairly minor greeblies added to the headset. Since it is only seen on the comms tech, it would be listed as an option for the soft, two left shoulderbar variant. 

• Thanks 1

All, Staff is working on getting this finished up so we can get it in front of the LMO. 

We need photos of every version, all parts, all variations for this to be complete. Things like the headset that is only seen on one character is a minor part that can be added later.  Please finish up anything you are working on and photograph it so we can package this up, we all know the LMO review process can be lengthy.  

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Blackwatch said:

All, Staff is working on getting this finished up so we can get it in front of the LMO. 

We need photos of every version, all parts, all variations for this to be complete. Things like the headset that is only seen on one character is a minor part that can be added later.  Please finish up anything you are working on and photograph it so we can package this up, we all know the LMO review process can be lengthy.  

I thought it was already with the LMOs! :o

Is there a list of tasks and names?
Are there any gaps that anybody not already assigned can help with?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stormachtig said:

I know for certain that the detachment staff will need photos of someone fully suited up with the armor and helmet variant. They will also need photos of just the helmet for the individual item component listed in the CRL.

@Blackwatchwhat else do you all need?

I'm planning on retaking my full body photos since I've lightened my uniform since the original photos.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, bubuc44 said:

That’s pity to not do a version without armor as it’s clearly seen on screen .. 

Huh? I don't think anyone said that. There's going to be 3 versions of this CRL - one with armor and soft cap, one with armor and helmet, and one only with soft goods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
12 hours ago, stormachtig said:

What do you mean? The LMO's placed it in this detachment a few months ago and now the DCA team are wrangling up actual CRL models and organizing/editing pictures. I believe the only model we don't currently have is someone in soft goods only.

The LMO's aren't going to review the costume on the CRL wiki level until we have pictures to accompany the text. The DCA team will continue to work this and we'll reach out on here if there any gaps we have to fill.

5 hours ago, bubuc44 said:

That’s pity to not do a version without armor as it’s clearly seen on screen .. 

Not sure where you read that, there are 3 versions of this costume as @Hoda said. However, in order for all versions to physically appear on the CRL itself there has to be a model for them. CRLs cannot exist without a model for it.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Hoda said:

Huh? I don't think anyone said that. There's going to be 3 versions of this CRL - one with armor and soft cap, one with armor and helmet, and one only with soft goods.

I think he means a different CRL, as per the TIE, for example.
Not just a version of a single CRL.

I know the decision has been made, but I do find it a little strange, given the extra effort involved in making the hard parts, and the identical soft parts.
Usually, versions of a costume/CRL have completely different parts. Here, we're adding parts on to a base costume to make different versions. Which usually means a different CRL.
(well, I say "usually", I haven't done a review of ALL the CRLs.. but it sounds plausible! ;) )

There will be one CRL with tabbed versions. We are building it the same way we built the mudtrooper CRL with tabs.  We do not see the need to stack multiple CRLs just for the sake of having multiple CRLs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
22 minutes ago, Blackwatch said:

There will be one CRL with tabbed versions. We are building it the same way we built the mudtrooper CRL with tabs.  We do not see the need to stack multiple CRLs just for the sake of having multiple CRLs. 

I think that's much preferable, glad to have clarification on this :) Thanks! 

Once one is available, we need a helmet and goggles made up to L2 specification for the submission process. 

If anyone has a tunic with the belt hooks, we also need images of that. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, jason745 said:

Awesome! Looks like a winner to me. That was a lucky search, but I'm happy to see it panned out. Is there any sort of part number or model name to be gleaned from it?

Unfortunately not, even the included documentation didn't have a serial. The serial number on the ears was shaved out with electro pencil. 

• Sad 1
12 hours ago, Detaleader said:

On the topic of Belt Hooks: 

My girlfriend found these lovely hooks for her Dedra Meero. They're replicas of British wartime belt hooks and imo have a nice shape + length to match the uniforms on the show. I feel like these are a bit nicer shape over the German ones. 

spacer.png

Yep! Those will work perfectly!